yet another Tico Tico duet

ukuleletim

Reaction score
Jim and I have tried a few times over the past few years to get a good recording of this but something always goes wrong. Well I say screw it. It will never be perfect and we always mess it up somewhere. Here is the last attempt from a few months ago. Jim is not facing the mic so I overpower him and you will have to strain or use your imagination to hear him.

I based the arrangement from the Herb Ohta sheet I found some time ago. Then I added some harmony runs and put the middle section in there. As the years go by I keep changing or adding things here and there.

The sheet didn't have that middle section so I transposed it from a fingerstyle version I do in another key. It forced it high on the neck so I have to strain to play it on the wide necked uke.

Enjoy!

Great fun! Thank you!
Someday I will graduate from your arpeggio workout to this!!!
ME

Nice duet.

That was neat and entertaining. Thanks for posting.

just a heads up re: another rendition... by the Langley Ukulele Ensemble...
check this out on YouTube ( Langley Ukulele Ensemble - Tico Tico ), amazing
with upside-down ukes!!

I saw them in July at the Sheraton Waikiki during their Annual stay in Hawaii
compliments of the Sheraton Waikiki. During their stay they offer free lessons
and a free concert every evening. If you're there (usually in July) you've got
to see them live. It's great :)

keep uke'in',

(PS sorry if I'm hijacking your thread...)

Wow.. anybody ever get this on their Tico Tico youtube??

----------------------
Your video may include the following copyrighted content:
"Tico Tico", musical composition administered by:
One or more music publishing rights collecting societies.

Your video is still available worldwide. In some cases ads may appear next to your video. Please note that the video's status can change, if the policies chosen by the content owners change. Learn more about copyright on YouTube.

This claim does not affect your account status.
(link)I believe this copyright claim is not valid.
------------------------

great video, Tim - you guys sound great......

and, yes, I've gotten copyright notices like that on a few videos. Double check and see if it's a legitimate publisher - I've only gotten one or two of those and they just put ads up on the video page and it's no big deal. Half the covers I put up, though, get claimed by an entity called the 'Music Publishing Rights Collecting Society' which seems to be a scam - they're just folks that falsely claim the copyright on YT videos and collect the advertising money generated off the video page. This has happened to me numerous times. I ALWAYS dispute the claim, following the links on YT's 'video manager' page. There isn't exactly an option for 'this is a scam', but I choose the option that's closest and try to explain it in the little box where you get to add a comment. Their claim immediately disappears and never comes back.... never had any issues with it beyond that......

okay, looks like I'm a sucker..... this apparently isn't a scam after all..... according to Google, a lot of folks seem to think it is (like me), but digging a little deeper, I just figured out it's a generic term for BMI, ASCAP, etc.... according to YT's help page:

If you’ve ever received a notice indicating that one of your videos may include copyrighted content administered by "Music Publishing Rights Collecting Society," or “one or more music publishing rights collecting societies,” it means that YouTube's Content ID system identified one or more musical compositions within your video to which a portion of the rights may be administered by a collecting society. A link to this notification will also appear in your Video Manager, next to the uploaded video.

Like I said, seems to be no big deal.... these notices are generated by software that scans each video as it's uploaded, so even though I've wrongly disputed the claims, it's not like there's some person following up on it..... at least not yet.

okay, looks like I'm a sucker..... this apparently isn't a scam after all..... according to Google, a lot of folks seem to think it is (like me), but digging a little deeper, I just figured out it's a generic term for BMI, ASCAP, etc.... according to YT's help page:

Like I said, seems to be no big deal.... these notices are generated by software that scans each video as it's uploaded, so even though I've wrongly disputed the claims, it's not like there's some person following up on it..... at least not yet.

Hey thanks a lot for the info! I'm just hesitant to dispute it for fear of somehow losing everything and if I "Acknowledge" they will keep doing this.

Out of 59 video uploads I have never seen this.

Hey thanks a lot for the info! I'm just hesitant to dispute it for fear of somehow losing everything and if I "Acknowledge" they will keep doing this.

Out of 59 video uploads I have never seen this.

No problem - glad I figured this out for myself..... I think if the copyright holder opposes your upload being there, you get a different warning, including blocking the video and an explicit 'black mark' on your account..... from now on, I'm just going to let it ride, as well, and let The Man make his .03 cents off the ads on my videos......

Top Bottom