Pono soprano koa ukulele on eBay

Jiva

Reaction score
Sorry I don't know how to link it, but if you do a search you will find it.
I am not selling it, I just thought it was interesting to see a koa Pono as they don't make koa ukes anymore.

Someday I will learn all this posting stuff.
I do know how to do pics, lol.
Teena

well, can't vouch for this particular model, but I owned a PKC-2 which was solid koa with gloss finish and was gorgeous and sweet sounding. I also have a MSD pono soprano which, pound for pound, is one of the best value for money ukes I've ever bought. I think this must be a fantastic instrument, and it'll be interesting to see what it sells for...already over 200 shmackos with 5 days left...

well, can't vouch for this particular model, but I owned a PKC-2 which was solid koa with gloss finish and was gorgeous and sweet sounding. I also have a MSD pono soprano which, pound for pound, is one of the best value for money ukes I've ever bought. I think this must be a fantastic instrument, and it'll be interesting to see what it sells for...already over 200 shmackos with 5 days left...

That's one of my old ukes.:eek: A real looker, but a wee bit on the quiet side. I think the scale on the older Pono soprano ukes was shorter than current ones, 12.5 inches, as I recall. So the fret spacing is tighter than current model Pono's.

Last edited:
Wow. That is gorgeous. UAS flaring....

I've got the tenor version of this model, and they're great instruments. Pono picked out the nicest looking koa when they were doing koa looks. The build is on the heavier side, but not ridiculously so. I don't know that I'd like it in the soprano size - for one, I can't stand a soprano without friction tuners, and I prefer extremely light soprano builds. I don't have a problem with the tenor size in terms of volume, it is right there with Kamaka and Kanile'a and maybe a little quieter than KoAloha (still haven't played Ko'olau). The sound is much more complex, though...it sounds deep and full but has a lot of clarity throughout the spectrum. With Ko'olau Alohi's on, every note in every chord is clear and balanced with the rest.

If the soprano is anything like the tenor, I'd highly recommend. I can't get over the tuners personally, and of course there's the small issue of money that I don't have....

I have a Pono Koa soprano with pickup for sale, very little use, bought from MGM years ago & still it is NEW. Do not play it much as I have 30 ukes (UAS) bad & need to sell a bunch of them

Top Bottom