What Happened to the Dr. Uke Website?

Hawkshaw

Reaction score
I've logged in to the Dr. Uke website but I can only get the audio of the tunes, not the tunes with words and chords. Is this something temporary or have things changed on the website? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

I've logged in to the Dr. Uke website but I can only get the audio of the tunes, not the tunes with words and chords. Is this something temporary or have things changed on the website? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Aloha HawkShaw,
Works for me too....Where do you live? here is the link...http://www.doctoruke.com/songs.html hope it works for you...good luck

From what I remember, clicking on the link to a song opens both the chord sheet AND the audio, in separate tabs.

Anyone know how to download/save the audio?

Here's how to do it if you're using Google Chrome (and if you're not, you should be):

Click the song link
The PDF should open in a new tab, with the audio player in a new window
Right click the audio player and select "View page source" from the context menu
On line 17 in the page source popup you should see this:

mp3: "TrackXX.mp3",

where XX is the number of the track you are viewing

Open a new tab, and type in the URL http://www.doctoruke.com/TrackXX.mp3 replacing XX with the number of the track in the source.

Important: As this appears to be hosted on a Unix or Linux server, the track name is case-sensitive. trackXX.mp3 will not work. You must type TrackXX.mp3

The track will open in a new player window. Right click anywhere in the window and select "Save as..." and save the mp3 to wherever you like. You can also rename it at this point.

The procedure is basically the same if you're using IE or Firefox.

Bear in mind the fact that they probably deliver audio in this way because of the wish to protect copyright. It's not a secure way of doing it, but by downloading tracks you are circumventing their protection. If you're downloading the tracks purely for your own use and convenience I shouldn't imagine they'd have a problem.

Hello The Big Kahuna,
I see from your location you were sent to the corner again. It's tough looking at the wall all the time. HaHa!!
Jim

Thanks for the feedback. I got it figured out now. Nothing like being computer illiterate. Regards to all.

I only now saw you answered my question. Thanks!

Here's how to do it if you're using Google Chrome (and if you're not, you should be):

Click the song link
The PDF should open in a new tab, with the audio player in a new window
Right click the audio player and select "View page source" from the context menu
On line 17 in the page source popup you should see this:

mp3: "TrackXX.mp3",

where XX is the number of the track you are viewing

Open a new tab, and type in the URL http://www.doctoruke.com/TrackXX.mp3 replacing XX with the number of the track in the source.

Important: As this appears to be hosted on a Unix or Linux server, the track name is case-sensitive. trackXX.mp3 will not work. You must type TrackXX.mp3

The track will open in a new player window. Right click anywhere in the window and select "Save as..." and save the mp3 to wherever you like. You can also rename it at this point.

The procedure is basically the same if you're using IE or Firefox.

Top Bottom