Finally got to play a Flea

kirbo

Reaction score
and it's pretty freaking awesome. Too bad I live in Taiwan, where the $219 models go for $350 :mad:
I'm getting one on my next trip back the the US... that is if I can come up with a really, really line to tell my wife.

They are great. Every player should own one!

and it's pretty freaking awesome. Too bad I live in Taiwan, where the $219 models go for $350 :mad:
I'm getting one on my next trip back the the US... that is if I can come up with a really, really line to tell my wife.

I really like my flea. As far as the wife. You don't need a good line. You just trade off on shopping. Let her buy some clothes, make up,shoes, purse, etc. you make it a win win.

I really like my flea. As far as the wife. You don't need a good line. You just trade off on shopping. Let her buy some clothes, make up,shoes, purse, etc. you make it a win win.

Well, that's been done already. I do need a good line, because I got a Kamaka and a Koaloha within the past 6 months.

I bought one over a year ago and I enjoy it very much. They are great travel ukes because they are virtually bullet proof. Question: what are you all using for strings on your Flea?

Well, that's been done already. I do need a good line, because I got a Kamaka and a Koaloha within the past 6 months.

Pretty simple, really. She needs to understand that you need a kick around uke for camping and more rugged playing situations.

Question: what are you all using for strings on your Flea?
See my signature: Living Water Strings

In any case you should buy it from your own money (hope you have some) so it doesn't affect the overall household budget. That's how I do it; I still get a look (somewhere between :eek: and :wtf:), but that's about it....

Last edited:
I have a koa top Flea and just love it. Sounds great, travels well, feels right.

Enjoy!

I must say I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of sound when I first tried Flea. I'm still getting used to the shape since it's a bit on the chubby side compared to my other ukes. And I'm still not used to the fact that it projects where it should which is away from the player. It sounds so much more silent to me than to others listening. So far I've been happy with it. Even the friction tuners (which I was kinda iffy about) are excellent, no problems with them.

Actually the somewhat unusual shape was the reason why I bought my first uke strap (magnetic end, no case modding needed) - don't need it on the traditional shapes, but the Flea is easier to play with a strap

Love my Flea and it became even better when I fitted Ken Middleton's Living Water Strings.

Top Bottom