will these Schertler tuners fit on a tenor?

BIGDB

Reaction score
im wondering if anybody knows if these will fit on a tenor if they do are they worth the money or are there cheaper or better alternatives i emailed they did not respond

thanks

Last edited:
If you are talking about putting them on a solid headstock, I think they are a little big and would look out of proportion. I have them on my Eastman Pagelli archtop guitar, they are GREAT tuners, again, I think too large for a Tenor ukulele.

Jimmy

If you are talking about putting them on a solid headstock, I think they are a little big and would look out of proportion. I have them on my Eastman Pagelli archtop guitar, they are GREAT tuners, again, I think too large for a Tenor ukulele.

Jimmy

it is a slotted headstock. would that still look out of proportion?

it is for a slotted headstock do you recommend any? i would like for it to be black

I don't know if those are the same size Schertlers that Mya-Moe puts on their slotted headstock ukuleles. The ones at Stew-Mac are for classical guitars and like jimmybookout said, they would probably be out of proportion on a ukulele. The Schertler website says that they make them for classical and steel string slot head guitars but doesn't mention ukuleles. You might send Gordon at Mya-Moe an EMail and ask him if the ones he uses are for ukuleles or if he is using the ones for classical guitars.

call Gordon to see which one he uses. 2:20 in video

i just emailed him and sent him the link and he said the ones in the link i put up are them

What is the bore of the hole ? Thickness of the open slot? Outside rail thickness? I have some nice double tuners, so if they would fit your application, I would send you some pictures with meaurements, and if you would pay the 5.35 for the priority shipping box, I would send them to you. I replaced them with PEGHEDS which have a long nose for a rest in the center bar www.Pegheds.net

Warning! Schertler acoustic tuners for non-slotted headstock used with nylon strings can have an important tolerance between the gears. The lower pulling force of non-metallic ropes can cause this very annoying problem.

Top Bottom