FS Lanikai LU-6E 6 string tenor uke with pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teek

Reaction score
Lanikai LU-6E tenor ukulele with a pickup. Super clean condition. I bought this as a "test" uke, 1. to make sure I wanted one as badly as I thought I did and 2. to make sure I could manage to play one, at least once in awhile. I am now madly in love with six string ukuleles, and have three as a new to me uke just arrived, so my deal at home is if one comes in, enough go out to at minimum break even. This is how I am continuing to downsize while keeping the peace and sorting my preferences.

Here are the general specs borrowed from Elderly's site:

Nato top, back & sides (laminate)
white top & fingerboard binding
abalone (faux) purfling
rosewood fingerboard & bridge
abalone cat's eye inlays
slotted peghead (with overlay plus contrasting sandwiched layer)
18 frets
17" scale
Kula active pickup system
gold open geared tuners with pearl buttons.

And from Ukes.com:

Size: Tenor 6
• Scale Length: 17.25″
• Width at Nut: 38mm | Top: Nato
• Back/Sides: Nato
• Fretboard: Rosewood
• Electronics: Belcat UK2000
• # of Frets: 18
• Machines: Gold In-Line
• Binding: Multiple

Here are links to prices new:

Elderly (shows a Shadow pickup instead of the

Ukes.com

Guitar Center with NO pickup

I did a setup on this after I got it, lowering the saddle and doing a very minor deepening of the low C slot as the C sat way high, so it has nice playability but there is still room for personal preferences to be set. The saddle was way too tall originally. I currently have it strung re-entrant and with doubled courses at C and A instead of octaves, with a mix of Aquilas and Worth Clears, so it is very sparkly as is, and I would think not strange sounding to anyone who is used to the sound of standard four string tuning. It has a kind of harp like sound this way. The pickup is nice to have too for this low price.

The finish is fine, there is just some glare and reflection in the photos.

I have no case, just keep it in the box it came in. I'd prefer a local pickup but will ship CONUS for $15 Parcel.

Looking for $175 or best. Ask for any more pics or if you have any questions.

Lanikai 2.jpgLanikai 3.jpgLanikai 4.jpgLanikai 5.jpgLanikai 6.jpg

I have a similar 6-string tenor Lanikai (mahogany laminate, though) and I love it. I recently got a Kanile'a Super Tenor, and although I love that too, I have not stopped using my Lanikai.

Hey misteruke, my apologies and sorry about that, thanks for pointing it out. I used to have all my stats filled in and forgot they no longer were. West Los Angeles, probably not too far from you if you want to come by on your way to the beach. :) PM me for my email and I'll send you directions.

Pre-weekend bump. Sold for full price locally. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom