Does This Sound Right??? $60 Baritone PONO

Doesn't sound right to me.

Just email the seller and ask.

If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.
Use your common sense. It's $450 new. Used maybe $300.
I would venture a guess to say that either:
a: It was involved in a car accident.
b: It's fake.
c: Stolen?
d: Crackhead needs a fix.
e: All of the above.

The description says it has two cracks in it ... and doesn't mention that they're repaired. So maybe its legit.

I know people say if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is, but theres always that lucky so and so who bags a picasso at a carboot sale, so id say its worth a look into!

$ 60 isn't a lot of cash. If the Uke body is trashed, the neck is probably still worth that much. I say buy it m8 :)

I would consider sending an email to the folks at the Corktown Jam (which is in Toronto). They are a huge gathering, and if this was a stolen uke, they'd likely have heard about it.

My first guess would be something hinkey - stolen, ex-gf,bf selling it, etc.

However, if it has two significant and unrepaired cracks then $60 on a nominally $300 used uke probably isn't out of line. Also, it could be an estate sale with family just wanting to "move dearly departed grandpa's junk out of the attic."

It's worth checking out at any rate.

Edit to add: This is why I've told my wife not to sell off my basses, guitars, ukes, flutes, and etc. when I'm dead and gone without seeking the help of some of my musician buddies who know what a pile of gold I'm sitting on. :biglaugh:

Edit to add: This is why I've told my wife not to sell off my basses, guitars, ukes, flutes, and etc. when I'm dead and gone without seeking the help of some of my musician buddies who know what a pile of gold I'm sitting on. :biglaugh:

I told my wife the same thing lol. Everytime I buy a new instrument she gets the lecture as she does me with her photo equipment. I may look into a baritone once I sell the Mya Moe.

Top Bottom