Kiwaya KSL-2 Long Neck Soprano Uke with Upgraded Tuners + Gigbag

LoMa

Reaction score
SOLD Kiwaya KSL-2 Long Neck Soprano Ukulele with upgraded professional Grover Open Back Geared Tubers. This uke is made of Kiwaya's famous hyperthin koa laminate. The koa has a nice figure with some flame - especailly the top and the peghead overlay (most of the Kiwaya's don't have any figure). Incredibly lightweight and very resonant. Excellent intonation and clarity. Pretty tone with nice overtones. Very good dynamics from loud to soft. Excellent playability.

Rosewood fretboard, with 14 frets to the body and 20 frets total. Pearl micro position dots and side dots at 3, 5, 7, 10, and 12th frets. Upgraded Grover open-back geared tuners with black buttons. Herringbone wood rosette. Thinly applied gloss finish. Nice looking instrument.

In like new condition with no dings, dents, or scratches.

Currently strung with Aquila strings with a low G.

Note that the bridge slots have been slightly widened to accomodate regular gauge strings - Kiwaya's come from the factory with very thin bridge slots that will only accomdate the super thin gaurge Fremont flourocarbon strings. The work on the bridge slots and the installation of the Grover tuners were done by 5th String in Berkeley, CA.

Very cool instrument!

I am asking $375 firm, + $15 shipping within the continental USA.

Comes with a nice padded camo gigbag.

I will post photos tonight, but in the meantime you can see one very similar to my Kiwaya KSL-2, except the ukelele on the website doesn't have the upgraded tuners or the bridge work: http://bernunzio.com/item.php?sku=0811906

I also have several other ukeleles for you to try, including

SOLD *** Custom, one-of-a-kind Blue Beltona Songster Baritone Resonator ukulele. This Songster reso is based on the tenor design, but was custom built by Steve Evans so that it culd be tuned DGBE, like the first 4 strings of a guitar. 19" scale, a slightly deeper body than a regular songster, but otherwise the specs are the same as a regualr songster, including a 6" resonator cone. Lightweigt fiberglass body. Extraordinarily cool instrument that sounds incredibly blues-y. Excellent dynamics, easy playability, and remarkable sustain for a reso. A very gutsy uke! Comes with hardshell case. Made in New Zealand. $795 with free shipping within the continental USA.

SOLD *** Larrivee solid mahogany Concert uke with curly maple binding on top and back, ivoroid bound neck, highest quality Gotoh friction tuners, and a fantastic sound with excellent dynamics and playability. Ebony fretboard and bridge. 14 frets to the body, 18 frets total. Note that this tis he rare concert size, not the more common soprano size uke. Very responsive instrument with lots of resonance. Comes with original padded gigbag. Made in Canada. (I actually sold this a couple of months ago and then bought it right back because I missed it so much - but I think I'm ready to let it go now as I have decided to only have spruce top ukes from now on...) $835 with free shipping within the continental USA.

I also have a Hohner Vienna "pokerwork" Diatonic Button Box in C/G with straps for $325, and a Saga Open Back Pony Banjo with gigbag for $295.

Discount given if you buy more than one instrument.

Thank you!

-Lorelie

Attachments

• DSC08213.JPG
    DSC08213.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC08219.JPG
    DSC08219.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC08220.JPG
    DSC08220.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 18