Why, yes. I do happen to be a Pixies fan

pootsie

Reaction score
And I still stink at this whole ukulele thing, but I am having fun learning this song so here I am practicing at 2 a.m. while the fams is sleepin. Jerky, off-key, but having fun. Ukuleles are fun, aren't they?

poor kitty got scared...

real nice brother pootsie. I love me some Pixies too. very in the groove with the left hand...man, with a position like that you should be playing clawhammer. Very enjoyable mate, please post more of your 'progress' stuff. BTW, what kind of uke is that, sounds awesome

Excellent, Pootsie - great choice of tunes - That first EP of theirs lived in my tape deck for months on end when I was a teenager - I had a dog called Pilgrim, named after that record (when I got her, I kept saying 'come on Pilgrim, you know he looooves you' to her, and the name just stuck).....I often thought of trying to do covers of all the tunes and recreate the whole EP..... Jon's right, you do a great job with the strum/picking, really captures the rhythm of the full band. Nice job on the vocals - he sings so high, I always have a hard time singing their songs and have to really monkey with the key to get it sounding right.....

Thanks y'all. I guess I'll keep working on it!

I'm playing a Mainland mahogany concert slot-head (the not-so-fancy version).

Brilliant job on that Pootsieman :)

Saw your unicycle/juggling vid the other day btw. How about a Unilele vid ?

Great. A song littered with the dreaded E chord, on a unicycle.

This will take me a while.

Thanx for the link, Jon. But it isn't a bike, it's a yike.
Bicycle = bike
Unicycle = YIKE!

Great. A song littered with the dreaded E chord, on a unicycle.

This will take me a while.

Thanx for the link, Jon. But it isn't a bike, it's a yike.
Bicycle = bike
Unicycle = YIKE!

na mate, just use the little box above the chords and lyrics, click in whatever key you want and it will automatically transpose it for you. YIKES!!!! Hope you not gonna juggle ukes as well, then there could be some serious free fallin he he

Top Bottom