PDA

View Full Version : Help in making a video! What programs do You use?

SamJ1206
08-18-2012, 04:41 AM
Hey, ive been trying my hand at making some videos,

afte watching loads online for years, im after the sort of videos that julia nuns, and wade johnston post. bu im really struggeling. I can easily record all the parts of my song, but when it comes to editing them together is where im struggeling.

They maage to make the video seemless, and flow, with everything in sync, so it more or less looks professional,

and im really struggeling with this!

Does anyone have any tips for software?

or general tips?

Im on a PC btw!

Thank you!

The Big Kahuna
08-18-2012, 04:58 AM
I use Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects CS6 and Audition CS6 to arse around with the audio.

My videos suck, but the reason aint the software ;)

SamJ1206
08-18-2012, 05:10 AM
I use Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects CS6 and Audition CS6 to arse around with the audio.

My videos suck, but the reason aint the software ;)

aha! Id be using that that too if i had that kind of money!

The Big Kahuna
08-18-2012, 06:27 AM
I'll refrain from commenting on the off chance that someone from the Adobe legal department plays Ukulele ;)

Pippin
08-18-2012, 08:18 AM
Adobe Premiere and Serif MoviePlus (for the quick stuff).

Adobe is the professional stuff and has great green-screen capability. Serif is inexpensive and quick. It does text screens better than Premiere, though, so I use it quite a bit for posting on YouTube.

I am producing a documentary film right now and that is being done entirely with Premiere.

Gwynedd
08-19-2012, 01:07 AM
I was given a copy of Premiere (Adobe) and I actually prefer another video producer program--Premier 10 (http://amzn.to/OAHq8O) is very powerful and actually, is pretty good for music editing but it has some bugs. That was my overall (in depth) review problem with earlier versions of Premier.

The BEST overall video editor (and not the most expensive, either) is Cyberlink PowerDirector (http://amzn.to/TNj6Fv). It has many effects and transitions and gets the best reviews. Any of these programs, however, will CRASH --If you are editing large files, and if you don't have enough video memory.

ksiegel
08-19-2012, 04:13 AM
I know Julia Nunes used (Uses?) an Apple computer, and the Apple video editing stuff. Don't know what they are, because I don't use them.

I do only the basics - have a Kodak Playsport Z3, and use Windows Movie Maker Live.

One day, I'll get a camera that lets me use an external microphone... Maybe one of the Zoom products. For software, on my budget, Adobe Premiere Elements has been recommended. I've seen it as low as $70 on buy.com, but I just don't have the time/money to invest at the moment (Money because I need to upgrade my hardware, time because of the learning curve.)

-Kurt

SamJ1206
08-19-2012, 10:45 AM
I use Adobe Premiere Pro ;)

MAY have joined you there!

AndrewKuker
08-19-2012, 09:27 PM
The new final cut pro is only 299 and has amazing capability for someone with little computer skill. I have been watching the tutorials. I didn't get it at first because it looks like iMovie but it has some serious advantages and I'm gonna get it this week.