FS: New Black Bear Macadamia Wood Soprano Ukulele

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
SOLD

This is a new soprano size uke made of solid Macadamia wood for the body. The neck
is Mango wood with a graphite truss rod. Rosewood fingerboard and bridge. White
plastic dots for the fret markers with white side dots included. Bone nut and
saddle. Three black wood rings for the sound hole rosette. Grover brand chrome
friction tuners with smaller, uke friendly plastic cream-colored knobs. Worth brand
strings. The playing scale is 13 3/4". There are 12 frets to the body, 15 total.
Gloss nitro-lacquer finish with a satin smooth feel. The finish does show some
natural wood grain. Low easy playing action and a very full rich mellow mahogany
quality to the sound. Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed. No case but I will
double box for safe shipping. Made in the USA. $30 shipping in the USA lower 48
states. Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email
me if you need more information. Thanks for looking.

Price: $525

Attachments

• Soprano Mac 2012-08-17a.jpg
    Soprano Mac 2012-08-17a.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 233
  • Soprano Mac 2012-08-17b.jpg
    Soprano Mac 2012-08-17b.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 189
  • Soprano Mac 2012-08-17c.jpg
    Soprano Mac 2012-08-17c.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 216
  • Soprano Mac 2012-08-17d.jpg
    Soprano Mac 2012-08-17d.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
oh dear, where's my medication. Lord what a stunning instrument.

This should disappear in a heartbeat. Just a BTW, I was fortunate enough to play one of Duane's macadamia concert scale ukes. Just an incredible instrument in every respect...tonally, aesthetically...wonderful. Sold , like so many others, as I was in a terrible financial mess...a HUGE regret...had I the money in my hands this soprano would already be gone.

Macadamia wood is spectacular, deeply rich and elegant. Duane this is a beauty.

Absoulute Awesomeness....would love to have it, but the funds are tight now...awe awe:):eek::shaka:

Thanks guys. Macadamia is a wonderful wood to work with, bends like butter even with the wild looking grain. The natural color is that golden warm yellow/orange, so I couldn't bear to add any additional color. As it ages it should really be nice. I bought this wood years ago with a bunch of mango and koa, so I figured I'd better start using it for ukes.

Absoulute Awesomeness....would love to have it, but the funds are tight now...awe awe:):eek::shaka:
na mate, it's all good, you just gotta loosen your belt buckle a little...he he :drool:

ha ha...I got it bad (and that aint good) but I know you got it worse mate
:deadhorse:

I now own the concert macadamia that Eugene sold. If this soprano is half as nice as the concert it is an absolute steal at $600. If I hadn't just paid for tuition, books, a custom uke and this macadamia black bear concert I would jump at owning my first soprano uke. Somebody buy this thing before I start looking for things to sell. =)
-Justin Cecil

I now own the concert macadamia that Eugene sold. If this soprano is half as nice as the concert it is an absolute steal at $600. If I hadn't just paid for tuition, books, a custom uke and this macadamia black bear concert I would jump at owning my first soprano uke. Somebody buy this thing before I start looking for things to sell. =)
-Justin Cecil
Hey Justin, if you want to buy that soprano, I would be happy to take that concert off your hands.:)

AH! but then I wouldn't have a concert uke. Being a poor college kid helps with the UAS. I only have 2 ukes...wait 3 ukes. I have my wixom custom tenor, this beautiful black bear concert, and a 1930 william Lange banjo uke.
-Justin Cecil

AH! but then I wouldn't have a concert uke. Being a poor college kid helps with the UAS. I only have 2 ukes...wait 3 ukes. I have my wixom custom tenor, this beautiful black bear concert, and a 1930 william Lange banjo uke.
-Justin Cecil

That's a fine little collection, Justin. Back in the day I had a pile of books and a pot.

In case any fence-sitters weren't convinced by the many previous posts, allow me to throw in a +1 for Duane's work. Although I sold both the BBs I have owned -- took me a while to realize koa's not for me -- I sorely miss his craftsmanship.

Top Bottom