Mainland Mahogany Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwieties

Reaction score
Just made a big purchase and must move some things around. Here’s an all mahogany Mainland tenor. Everyone knows what fantastic ukes these are and this is no exception. This one is high gloss, which looks great. No significant dings or scratches. When held in the light the high gloss shows some slight playing marks you would expect to see, but very minor. Here and there the rope binding isn’t perfectly clean, but that is being super critical. Action is low and plays super smooth, with plenty of saddle left. I did pick up a tenor hard shell case, which I am including.

Price is $225 shipped (con u.s.). I’m in Durham NC, if anyone nearby wants to try it out.
P1060381.jpgP1060383.jpgP1060384.jpgP1060385.jpg

Arrrrrgggggghhhh!!!!!

You're making it really hard for me not to buy another uke yet, and even harder to maintain I don't need a tenor...

(Yes, I know I'm not in the US, but you could always ship it to my brother's in L.A. ......)

*bites fist*

How is the intonation on this instrument?

How is the intonation on this instrument?

Hi Geno,
Intonation is excellent! Just checked it with my best Korg. 12th fret harmonic is absolutely spot on. Played notes stay absolutely perfect through the 7th fret and of course are ever so slightly off by the twelfth.

Here it is in action. Please don't consider this a "sound sample" as it is just my poor playing and singing through a point and shoot camera, but should give you a bit of an idea.
https://vimeo.com/35152959

Sold
Easiest transaction ever!!!
As and added bonus I got to meet another NC uker.
Thanks a ton Geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom