Kahler trem for Uke'

The Big Kahuna

Reaction score
You, stop laughing at the back!

Anyroadup, I was thinking the other day about a custom solid body Uke, maybe a copy of a Jackson 6 string or similar. One thing that would be nice (or fun) would be a trem.

I managed to find a Kahler bass trem which has adjustable string spacing, with a minimum string to string spacing of 12.7mm (.500 in), which is actually narrower than the spacing on my Tenor.

What do you reckon ?

http://www.wammiworld.com/b7410.php

I was also thinking of locking tuners and/or a modified locking nut.

Could be fun, though I'm not sure of the technicalities of how (if?) it would work. Certainly different anyhoo. $186.75 is a bit rich for my blood though!

One of the main reasons for wanting one of the Kamoa electric Ukes is to indulge my lifelong passion for making people's ears bleed. I figure, if I'm going to spend a grand on one of those, why not have one made by Pete Mallinson.

I asked him a while back about having a Gibson 1275 Uke made, and he guessed it'd cost around £ 600, so something along the lines of a Gibson Explorer should be affordable.

THIS!

explorer.jpg

OR THIS!

alexstrat.jpg

You could be right about that.

The thought of being able to plug a Uke into Guitar Rig 5 or Overloud and kicking out some Satriani or Vai really appeals to me.

You could be right about that.

The thought of being able to plug a Uke into Guitar Rig 5 or Overloud and kicking out some Satriani or Vai really appeals to me.

I have been wailing on my Kamoa Evolve through Amplitube (iPad version) and having a blast... I can't put it down. I loaded GR 5 on the desktop in the house, but I'm having soundcard issues - so the iPad will have to do for the moment.

Check out Jonothan Mann's custom electric ukuleles at http://manndolins.com/new_page_10.htm. There are a few YouTube videos out there as well.... very nice, but considerably more expensive than the evolve. I have already started ordering new pickups, etc. to modify the Kamoa.

Top Bottom