Epiphone Bluesmaster Guitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwieties

Reaction score
SOLD

I hesitated to list this here and will be putting it up on several of the guitar forums. However, I actually thought this would be a good cross over guitar for a uke player. There were around 500 of these built in early 90’s and they were endorsed by Keb Mo. They have attracted quite a little following over the years and are very desirable. It has a solid spruce top and lam mahogany back/sides. This makes it a rugged little guitar (not quite as susceptible to humidity changes), yet the solid top gives it a great tone. I thought a uke player would like it for 3 reasons. First the size. It has that classic Gibson “L” body shape, similar to a Martin “OO”. This is bigger then a parlor, so there is more tone, yet much smaller then a dred or even a concert/OM size guitar. The second reason is the nut width. This is 1 7/8 inch nut, which means the string spacing is closer to that of a uke. Just slightly more narrow then a classical guitar. Lastly it is a short scale (24.75 inches), which makes it very playable. No real issues considering it is a 20 year old guitar. You will see a string scratch on the head stock. There is also a slight ding on the bass lower bout. If I were being supper critical, the plastic bridge pins are original, and while they do there job, they are cracked and pretty gnarly. Other then that, only slight play ware. Only selling because I have two other guitars, just picked up a new uke and have a custom on order.

A few years ago these were very collectable and were selling for $800 - $1000. Honestly, that was more then they were worth. They have since come done in price a bit.

*** Dropping price to $550 shipped.*** I’m offering $650 shipped (con U.S.). It is difficult to find a small body, short scale, wide neck guitar at that price. If you want to package this with one of the ukes I've got listed I'll give you a super deal!!!

P1060386.jpgP1060387.jpgP1060388.jpgP1060391.jpgP1060392.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't expect a ton of interest... but it really is a cool guitar.
Dropping price to $600 shipped.

Still got it. If there is any interest at all drop me a offer and we'll work something out.

Could potentially be interested in a trade for a nice tenor in the $500 - $1000 range (I could add a few $$$ for the right tenor).

Not much interest, but I'm in no hurry. I'm bumping this up hoping the right person comes along. Feel free to make an offer. Still would gladly trade for a nice tenor. It's a cool blues guitar!

Interested

I'm a self taught ukulele player teaching myself guitar and am interested in the Epiphone BluesMaster you have listed.

I'm new to the site and prefer to follow-up directly rather than through this thread.

Is there a way to send a directed message rather than a public post?

Thanks,

Kevin H.

I'm a self taught ukulele player teaching myself guitar and am interested in the Epiphone BluesMaster you have listed.

I'm new to the site and prefer to follow-up directly rather than through this thread.

Is there a way to send a directed message rather than a public post?

Thanks,

Kevin H.

Hey Kevin,
I just sent you a "private message". At the top of the page you will see notifications which should now be highlighted with a "1". That is a great way to communicate, but I also included my email in that pm.
Thanks for the interest.

I put down a deposit this week on a custom. A little more motivated to unload this now. Going to list it on some other forums as well.

Dropping price to $550 shipped.

What a little beauty. Thank goodness I don't live in the "Con US" - you guys would have bankrupted me ;)

You are quite right, small bodied, small scale guitars of that quality are few and far between. Good luck to the future purchaser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom