Iriguchi ukuleles

turtle10786

Reaction score
I am intrigued with the ukuleles built by David Iriguchi in the Sacramento CA area and I was wondering if any of the UU gang owns or has played one of his Keystone models. If so what is your opinion on build quality, playability and sound?

I played 3 or 4 of Dave's ukuleles at the Reno Uke Fest this year. They were wonderful. If he would have been set up to take credit cards right then and there I would have taken one home with me. One of the things I liked best was that he has different neck styles with various thin/thickness and angles to try to make barr chords easier to make and hold. My favorite was a concert keystone. It had a sound that is hard to describe. It was nicely loud but not booming. I want to say it was solid but that word makes it seem like the sound wasn't free. Argh. The sound rang without being too ringy. If you are interested you should definitely contact Dave and talk to him about what you are looking for. I got to hear Sarah Maisel play one while I was looking at another booth and it sounded like a dream in her hands.

Nix

Top Bottom