Big Island Uke

mangorockfish

Reaction score
Did a search of this and found a few posts, but nothing very current. Just wondering if anyone is playing a Big Island on a regular basis?

I loved my Big Island mahogany tenor. It was my first serious uke. It is now my wife's favorite. People here seem to have a generally high opinion of them and they are usually ranked with other high end import ukes like Pono or Mele.

My Big Island traditional tenor was my first upgrade to a solid koa ukulele, and it was my main ukulele until I got a Kamaka tenor. I actually bought it on this site from a UUer. I still love the sound and feel of it. I play it, although not daily, and I consider it a fine instrument.

My Big Island traditional tenor was my first upgrade to a solid koa ukulele, and it was my main ukulele until I got a Kamaka tenor. I actually bought it on this site from a UUer. I still love the sound and feel of it. I play it, although not daily, and I consider it a fine instrument.

Hey, I just did the same t'ing! Am I copying you, or what? Seriously, I just got a *sweet* Big Island tenor `ukulele from Mim (thanks, Mim!). It's my first solid koa `ukulele and I play it every chance I get, it sounds amazing! I am really happy with it.

Last edited:
Play my concert bout every day. Oddly like it better than my tenor , but the tenor is fine.

Top Bottom