Ukulele teaching

Skrik

Reaction score
14 ukuleles made from rubber, strung with elastic bands, waiting for the kids to take possession.

Ukuleles.jpg

I really didn't think things through when I told the principal I could teach ukulele. Now I have to play in front of people.

Wish us luck!

Good luck. I had similar thoughts when I volunteered to teach the girls in my son's 6th grade class how to crochet. Honestly, it was a fiasco, but we all had a lot of fun. I think teaching uke would be so much easier. And you're playing in front of kids. They're going to be impressed by pretty much anything you can play--and then they'll be absorbed by what THEY can play. No worries!

Good luck. I had similar thoughts when I volunteered to teach the girls in my son's 6th grade class how to crochet. Honestly, it was a fiasco, but we all had a lot of fun. I think teaching uke would be so much easier. And you're playing in front of kids. They're going to be impressed by pretty much anything you can play--and then they'll be absorbed by what THEY can play. No worries!

:agree: Pretty much mirrors my grandkid's reaction when I tried teaching them uke this past June.

I had to teach 22 kids to play their ukuleles last month, and it was a blast. I didn't know what I was doing, but I just taught them C, F and G7 chords, which they marked with really little star stickers, color coded, and gave them a few songs, showed them how to easily strum, and they just took off with it. I am nowhere near a good uke player, and I couldn't carry a tune if I had a bucket to carry it in, but the kids were impressed with whatever I did. Have fun with it... the kids definitely will.

Dan

14 ukuleles made from rubber, strung with elastic bands, waiting for the kids to take possession.

I really didn't think things through when I told the principal I could teach ukulele. Now I have to play in front of people.

Wish us luck!

I wish you luck. You don't need luck though. Just have fun. The kids will.

Best of luck - the experience should be awesome.

Good luck. If you keep it simple and have fun it will go well, I'm sure.

Top Bottom