"Interesting Drug" - Morrissey Uke Cover

I heard this on XM 80s on 8 in my truck on Friday. I agree, I truly like Morrissey and The Smiths, even though Morrissey has delusions of grandeur. I got The Smiths Complete bix set of every CD, remastered, last year.

Your version is so keen. One by one,, you're going to knock out every song that was anything frm the 80s.

Some dolt will be sitting with his uke saying, " I want to make a video of a blast from the past that no one's nailed on the uke yet. (searches Interesting Drug). DOH! That dirty bird!!"

"Lets see...wait, oh, I got one...David Banner, belted by gamma rays.. (searches Hulk original theme). Jesus H!!!"

Last edited:
holy crap, this is good Eric... always one of my favorite Morrissey singles....great lead, great vocals.....just a killer arrangement and you nailed it - I dig this like a grave, man......

I never thought Morrissey would go with the Ukulele as it's a happy little up beat instrument and he's... not a happy chappy. After saying that, you made it your own and it sounds sweet.

Leroy

I never thought Morrissey would go with the Ukulele as it's a happy little up beat instrument and he's... not a happy chappy. After saying that, you made it your own and it sounds sweet.

Leroy

Come on. "Girlfriend in a Coma" is one of hte happiest tunes there is!

Totally depressing lyrics, of course, but the melody will put a bounce in your step.

That one is on my "songs i wanna lurn" ukulele list.

Thanks for checking out the video and for the nice comments guys! This was a fun one to do with all the overdubs. I actually had to cut a few tracks out because I went a little overboard. Good thing Johnny Marr didn't play on this song, otherwise I'd still be overdubbing!

Thanks for checking out the video and for the nice comments guys! This was a fun one to do with all the overdubs. I actually had to cut a few tracks out because I went a little overboard. Good thing Johnny Marr didn't play on this song, otherwise I'd still be overdubbing!

So ... How Soon Is Now not on your radar screen? That only had, what, 18 guitar tracks?

Glad you're digging it Bill! Many thanks Jon! I appreciate your comments guys.

Seriously starting to wonder what you can't make sound fantastic on an ukulele mate- this is being blasted out to the bigscreen and making us both grin ear to ear.
Now to learn some Smith's tunes!

Seriously starting to wonder what you can't make sound fantastic on an ukulele mate- this is being blasted out to the bigscreen and making us both grin ear to ear.
Now to learn some Smith's tunes!

Learning Smiths songs is also on my "to do" list Dave!

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17yc_uKfiU8

E, with the multitracking, a little clapping, a couple of low base notes, and the tinkling, uke-friendly melody, the above would be a great song....hmmm. Just a thought, if you like it. (what happened to the classic video where he's locked in the box plucking a comb?)

Steve,
Can't get the video to play on my iPhone...

Top Bottom