PDA

View Full Version : "Interesting Drug" - Morrissey Uke Cover

erivel
08-19-2012, 09:49 PM
I love The Smiths. I love Morrissey. I love this song. Peace...

http://youtu.be/rnMQI-0vyjU

Camsuke
08-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Wonderful arrangement Eric, great work mate.

coolkayaker1
08-20-2012, 12:35 AM
I heard this on XM 80s on 8 in my truck on Friday. I agree, I truly like Morrissey and The Smiths, even though Morrissey has delusions of grandeur. I got The Smiths Complete bix set of every CD, remastered, last year.

Your version is so keen. One by one,, you're going to knock out every song that was anything frm the 80s.

Some dolt will be sitting with his uke saying, " I want to make a video of a blast from the past that no one's nailed on the uke yet. (searches Interesting Drug). DOH! That dirty bird!!"

"Lets see...wait, oh, I got one...David Banner, belted by gamma rays.. (searches Hulk original theme). Jesus H!!!"

23skidoo
08-20-2012, 02:31 AM
holy crap, this is good Eric... always one of my favorite Morrissey singles....great lead, great vocals.....just a killer arrangement and you nailed it - I dig this like a grave, man......

UkuEroll
08-20-2012, 02:57 AM
I never thought Morrissey would go with the Ukulele as it's a happy little up beat instrument and he's... not a happy chappy. After saying that, you made it your own and it sounds sweet.

Leroy

pootsie
08-20-2012, 03:00 AM
Did anyone mention that this is awesome? Rock on, Eric!

pootsie
08-20-2012, 03:01 AM
I never thought Morrissey would go with the Ukulele as it's a happy little up beat instrument and he's... not a happy chappy. After saying that, you made it your own and it sounds sweet.

Leroy

Come on. "Girlfriend in a Coma" is one of hte happiest tunes there is!

Totally depressing lyrics, of course, but the melody will put a bounce in your step.

That one is on my "songs i wanna lurn" ukulele list.

erivel
08-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Thanks for checking out the video and for the nice comments guys! This was a fun one to do with all the overdubs. I actually had to cut a few tracks out because I went a little overboard. Good thing Johnny Marr didn't play on this song, otherwise I'd still be overdubbing!

pootsie
08-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks for checking out the video and for the nice comments guys! This was a fun one to do with all the overdubs. I actually had to cut a few tracks out because I went a little overboard. Good thing Johnny Marr didn't play on this song, otherwise I'd still be overdubbing!

So ... How Soon Is Now not on your radar screen? That only had, what, 18 guitar tracks?

coolkayaker1
08-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Been done, pootsie. 18 tracks...or one echoey room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74w4mDGpbA

erivel
08-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Been done, pootsie. 18 tracks...or one echoey room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74w4mDGpbA

I need an echoey room like that!

23skidoo
08-21-2012, 02:13 AM
back for more..... this is just fantastic.....

Hippie Dribble
08-21-2012, 02:51 AM
Eric, you are awesome mate. This is brilliant.

erivel
08-21-2012, 05:42 AM
Glad you're digging it Bill! Many thanks Jon! I appreciate your comments guys.

TCK
08-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Seriously starting to wonder what you can't make sound fantastic on an ukulele mate- this is being blasted out to the bigscreen and making us both grin ear to ear.
Now to learn some Smith's tunes!

erivel
08-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Seriously starting to wonder what you can't make sound fantastic on an ukulele mate- this is being blasted out to the bigscreen and making us both grin ear to ear.
Now to learn some Smith's tunes!

Learning Smiths songs is also on my "to do" list Dave!

TCK
08-22-2012, 03:24 AM
Back for a little Wednesday morning wake up- lifting the spirits for sure here

coolkayaker1
08-22-2012, 03:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17yc_uKfiU8

E, with the multitracking, a little clapping, a couple of low base notes, and the tinkling, uke-friendly melody, the above would be a great song....hmmm. Just a thought, if you like it. (what happened to the classic video where he's locked in the box plucking a comb?)

erivel
08-22-2012, 06:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17yc_uKfiU8

E, with the multitracking, a little clapping, a couple of low base notes, and the tinkling, uke-friendly melody, the above would be a great song....hmmm. Just a thought, if you like it. (what happened to the classic video where he's locked in the box plucking a comb?)

Steve,
Can't get the video to play on my iPhone...

jalapeno
08-22-2012, 10:25 AM
amazing job, dude... do more!!! i have a tremendous man-crush on morrissey :)

erivel
08-22-2012, 09:49 PM
amazing job, dude... do more!!! i have a tremendous man-crush on morrissey :)

Thanks Oliver! Hey where in Jersey are you? I'm originally from Union County where I discovered Moz around '85.

jalapeno
08-23-2012, 05:48 AM
Thanks Oliver! Hey where in Jersey are you? I'm originally from Union County where I discovered Moz around '85.

I'm in Montgomery Township, just on the border of Somerset and Mercer Counties... originally from Philly. Yes, I am a humongous Moz fanboy! Your arrangement and performance are amazing... really enjoyed it. Inspires me to cover more Moz/Smiths. Keep up the awesome work! I sub'd, FYI.

erivel
08-23-2012, 08:48 AM
I'm in Montgomery Township, just on the border of Somerset and Mercer Counties... originally from Philly. Yes, I am a humongous Moz fanboy! Your arrangement and performance are amazing... really enjoyed it. Inspires me to cover more Moz/Smiths. Keep up the awesome work! I sub'd, FYI.

Thanks man, subbed you back!

coolkayaker1
08-23-2012, 09:17 AM
Can you two get a room, please.