If you can't get shell...

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
Look away Chuck:

BluePerloid.jpg

I'm getting some green perloid and the tortoise is wonderfully crafted. Sorry to disappoint but I really lurv plastic binding :):drool:

Look away Chuck:

BluePerloid.jpg

I'm getting some green perloid and the tortoise is wonderfully crafted. Sorry to disappoint but I really lurv plastic binding :):drool:

I'm not sure if I'd use it but I'm kind of digging it in a weird way. You know if your showing it off here you have to share your source.

Last edited:
Type in "celluloid binding" in your eBay search bar. It is the cheapest around and being a celluloid rather than a butyl based plastic works incredibly well. The tortoise shell is v ery authentic but the have pear pearloid, tobacco brown, black and green, pink and red... you could really go kitsch all the way :)

Type in "celluloid binding" in your eBay search bar. It is the cheapest around and being a celluloid rather than a butyl based plastic works incredibly well. The tortoise shell is v ery authentic but the have pear pearloid, tobacco brown, black and green, pink and red... you could really go kitsch all the way :)

I dig white pearliod on headstocks with either black or metal bodied instruments. looks great.
[video]http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&biw=1024&bih=487&tbm=isch&tbnid=_LK8KGFtF4w3eM:&imgrefurl=http://www.recordingking.com/resonators_ru998.html&docid=WTqj_-sNtiOm6M&imgurl=http://www.recordingking.com/images/RU-998.png&w=232&h=453&ei=tnMyUNmsKIiE8ATNl4DIBg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=467&sig=115500762282924861531&sqi=2&page=1&tbnh=139&tbnw=76&start=0&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:0,i:92&tx=47&ty=97[/video]

Crazy stuff. I like the glitter binding. Maybe if I was building a guitar for Buck Owens.

Wow...such a deal! I wish they had grained ivoroid....always a favorite of mine
That's some nice looking tortoise shell

No problem - I am trying to champiom plastic. Appropriately used it is better as a shock absorber than wood and is lesslikely to end up under scrutinity in a customs warehouse.

Yes, it's not getting it, it's shipping it. That's where you potentially have a legal problem. There's are ways to deal with it though, it just takes more work in making sure you've done all the proper paper work and have jumped through the correct hoops.

Beau, I started doing carbon fiber binding on some of my acoustic guitars about four years ago. It's really fantastic...

Please refer to this pearloid plastic by its proper name....MOTS (Mother Of Toilet Seat)

I thought MOT was the white stuff - not sure what to call all their colours... {Pity they don't do it i n sheet form for peghead overlays...

I thought MOT was the white stuff - not sure what to call all their colours... {Pity they don't do it i n sheet form for peghead overlays...

Nah...The real stuff is pink. Nothing screams class like a pink privy seat

Top Bottom