Feeling dumb about ukulele for dummies 500 miles by proclaimers

Newportlocal

Reaction score
My wife and I watched the video at the beginning of ukulele for dummies. It teaches the chords C,F,G7 for walk 500 miles by the proclaimers. There is no where in the book or video that I can find the lyrics with the chord changes. Online I found a few uke tabs with lyrics using different chords. Anyone know if there is a set of lyrics with the chords from the video. I am not trying to knock the enhanced IPad version or the book in general. I really like it. Just a little frustrated that they put so much effort into a video and book without having the lyrics with matching chords available. Maybe I missed it somewhere. Any help would be appreciated.

I haven't seen the video so can't comment on it, is it only on the enhanced iPad version?

I suspect the Proclaimers' song is copyrighted. So while they could show you the chord progression used in the song (which probably isn't unique to 500 Miles), they can't publish the lyrics without permission and paying a royalty. IIRC, the illustrative tunes in the books are all public domain. It would likely have been cost prohibitive to include copyrighted material.

I haven't seen the video so can't comment on it, is it only on the enhanced iPad version?

I suspect the Proclaimers' song is copyrighted. So while they could show you the chord progression used in the song (which probably isn't unique to 500 Miles), they can't publish the lyrics without permission and paying a royalty. IIRC, the illustrative tunes in the books are all public domain. It would likely have been cost prohibitive to include copyrighted material.
Good answer. Guess I can just pull up the lyrics from the web and wing it. Hope the best for strum patterns etc. Just a little frustrating. I am not sure which versions get the video.

That is what is so cool about this place. No matter what you are looking for, someone can point you in the right direction. Luv u guys.

That is what is so cool about this place. No matter what you are looking for, someone can point you in the right direction. Luv u guys.

Seriously, this place is a godsend. i dont know where i would be now if it werent for this place!

Top Bottom