i think i need to go for the big jump

patico

Reaction score
Hi UUs
been playing ukulele for 2 yrs, absolutely happy with my Mainland Mohogany Tenor.
was thinking lately, am i ready to buy a top brand/luthier ukulele??

is it UAS or a real need?

i play almost daily, do recordings every once in a while, and live performances (invited) rarely.

To me, UAS is a persons desire to aquire another uke whether they need it or not. It feeds your inner self and only that person can justify the urge.
Done this many times over 2 years hence my collection of 28, had more but gave some away....................BO................

Hi UUs
been playing ukulele for 2 yrs, absolutely happy with my Mainland Mohogany Tenor.

i play almost daily, do recordings every once in a while, and live performances (invited) rarely.

what is your price range?

check this viedo i'm playing the Mainland uke
very nice sounding.
but think i'm looking for subtle details, expressive sound, an other sound details in a new uke

i think i'll really a enjoy high end uke

Vote yes, no

You sound great. Tons of soul. I think the crickets add a nice touch too. How can you go wrong getting a new uke. You can't get too many. UAS is not a disease it's only natural and natural is good.

Yeah, it's time for sure. You'll notice a big difference. Perhaps look at a quality used one. Great playing. My analogy for buying good ukes and better bike parts for my handcycle is; If I put the hours in or do the miles, I buy an upgrade as a reward for my hardwork and an incentive to keep going.

nothing happened to my foot, they are just my zapatillas de levantar jajajjaaj

Yes. Absolutamente.

I have a mainland concert strung in low g for picking. Yesterday I compared it to my kamaka. I honestly thought the two would be equal. The Kamaka, as always, sounded better and for whatever the reason, I don't know what kamaka does, it also is easier to play. If I had the money I would invest in a kamaka concert.

UAS has nothing to do with "need" and everything to do with "want" not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

I'm actually very satisfied with my Ukes but I'm dreaming of a much nicer one at some point, probably a Mya-Moe.

Define "NEED"....sometimes, especially if you can actually afford it, it's ok to get something that you really "WANT"...nothing wrong with that. Seems like you love playing uke, as good as it is, you are aware of the mainland's limitations, and you know exactly why you want a new uke....more expressiveness. Hard to define, but it may be the key to which upgrade you want. Can get some killer used high-end ukes for $800 from time to time....KoAloha, and ??? Was a Kanilea (maybe still is) baritone for just under $900

Here's a good example:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?68957-KoaLoha-Tenor-for-sale-800-00

Last edited:
Your playing definitely deserves the best instrument you can get.:2cents:

Last edited:
Your playing definately deserves the best instrument you can get.:2cents:

I agree 1000%. Yes, I said ONE THOUSAND.
Your playing is very good, has so much feel, you should try doing that on an even better instrument. You deserve it!

It's UAS and a real need. Nobody likes UAS. It's uncomfortable, it's hard going anywhere without thinking about it. If you walk into a music store, it gets worse. The only cure is to acquire a new ukulele therefore, it is a NEED and not a want.:) So, you must get treatment real soon and the only treatment and cure is a new ukulele.
I hope this helps!:rolleyes:

I liked your video and can just imagine what that song would sound like with a nice uke and a warmer, fuller tone. I say go for it.

Hi UUs

Few years ago I bought a Mainland as my first "proper" uke. I loved it and still do.

Some years later I bought a Kanile'a tenor and it literally blew me away. That isnt meant to be hard on Mainland - I regularly recommend them as in the price range they are hard to beat IMHO. But spend three times as much and for me the difference is huge - as it should be.

Still play my Mainland though!

Nicely played. I am familiar with your footware... comfortable.

I were tabi occasionally and when people see them, they don't know what to think. Some people have seen tabi in Japanese martial arts films. They are comfortable, too.

thanks guys,
now yu've trasnformed my "want" in need "need"
and now i will "have" to buy it

jajaaajajjajaj
thaks everybody for the comments,

iorana
maururu

i ordered a willie wixom and they are pretty cheap i got everything i wanted for 1075. but i got alot of stuff so i dont know the specs you want but i would email him and give him the specs you want and he can give you a price he responds really fast too

Top Bottom