What is this adjustment for?

rreffner

Reaction score
1___620.jpg

I don't know how to put an arrow pointing to the knurled nob on the Schaller tuner. It is the knurled part next to the white plastic button. You see it when the tuner is mounted on the uke. These are on my Kamaka tenor.

Should the knob be tightened fully or just a little? Is it to secure the tuner to the headstock?

Thanks

The whole thing is supposed to turn. :3 You only really need to tweak the knurled thumbscrews if the tuners are unusually loose or tight. I like these better than the tiny little philips-head screws they put in most other friction tuners, because you can use the edge of a coin to turn them if necessary, rather than digging out a screwdriver.

The whole thing is supposed to turn. :3 You only really need to tweak the knurled thumbscrews if the tuners are unusually loose or tight. I like these better than the tiny little philips-head screws they put in most other friction tuners, because you can use the edge of a coin to turn them if necessary, rather than digging out a screwdriver.

Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom