"Coyotes"

H

Hippie Dribble

1998. Don Edwards.

In my opinion, this is one of the best Cowboy songs ever written. I'm utterly in awe of it and just hope I do it some form of justice. Have wanted to record it for a long time, but hesitated, being worried I would butcher it. Anyway I bit the bullet this morning and took a run at it, inspired by my friend Canoe Lady's gorgeous rendition.

Anyway, Don Edwards is a wonderful writer. This song became famous worldwide when it was featured on the soundtrack to Werner Herzog's brilliant 2005 documentary film "Grizzly Man", which chronicles the life and death of bear enthusiast and environmental warrior Timothy Treadwell. The score by Richard Thompson is astounding and worth the price of admission alone.

I played it on my Mainland Baritone ukulele. Thanks for watching friends. for Lefty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-m_8mYFwZM

Nice work. Love a good cowboy song

Well done, my friend (as usual).

great job Jon, wonderful as ever,love your playing and your wonderful voice, still got your CD's playing in my car :)
It is always a treat to watch and listen to you play, keep them coming mate.
If there ever was a award for top uker/singer and all round great bloke you should be the winner, take care mate best wishes to you and all :)

this is one of the best things you've done, Jon - just spot on, truly lovely stuff..... great picking, heartfelt vocals.... I always enjoy your stuff, but this is definitely the top of the heap, man....

That was really nice. Enjoyed it a lot. :)
thanks for the comment itsme
This has got to be one of your very best performances, marvellous.
ah, many blessings brother Cam. I noticed your approaching 1000 posts mate and I reckon 950 of them have been comments encouraging and complimenting posters like me on the vids board. You're a legend mate.
Nice work. Love a good cowboy song
cheers Ron!
One word.....Yeeeeeeehaaaaa!

Leroy
thanks heaps brother Leroy...he he

Last edited:
this is one of the best things you've done, Jon - just spot on, truly lovely stuff..... great picking, heartfelt vocals.... I always enjoy your stuff, but this is definitely the top of the heap, man....

+1.....that was wicked good !

Jon, I don't think it is possible for you to butcher a song. You are an awesome talent and uu is enriched by your music and thoughtful post.

Well done, my friend (as usual).
thanks for the inspiration Diane
great job Jon, wonderful as ever,love your playing and your wonderful voice, still got your CD's playing in my car :)
It is always a treat to watch and listen to you play, keep them coming mate.
If there ever was a award for top uker/singer and all round great bloke you should be the winner, take care mate best wishes to you and all :)
gee, such a sweet comment Dave, thanks mate, blessings to you and the missus from us
Brilliant!
cheers Perry!
really kind of you to say this Bill, thanks mate, glad you got where it was coming from

+1.....that was wicked good !
cheers and many thanks v30!
Jon, I don't think it is possible for you to butcher a song. You are an awesome talent and uu is enriched by your music and thoughtful post.
thanks a lot Rox. I don't normally get too paranoid about this kind of stuff but I think I was putting a little more pressure on myself than normal, just because this song is so powerful to me. Some songs just cut you open and this is one of them. Thanks for being so sweet mate
Epic, Jon! It's a high bar to top yourself, but I would say this is your best yet. Beautifully done!
thanks a bunch Bob, much appreciated brother

Cool song and nicely done! thanks for the reintroduction to the song and inspiration, getting out the Bari now...

I had never heard this song before seeing your cover and greatly appreciate you exposing me to it....its a dandy tune. I've listened to the don edwards version of this a few times (on youtube) since seeing your cover and when I go back to your version I'm even more impressed with it.......its just fantastic!
Do you have tab for it, or can you give me an idea of the picking/strum pattern you used? I've got a baritone on the way and would be over-joyed if I could learn how to play this?

Top Bottom