Elderly Instruments Documentary

savagehenry

Reaction score
I got an email this morning from Elderly with a link to a new documentary about their store. Really cool behind the scenes video. It's available streaming for a limited time.

http://www.WKAR.org

Really cool to see so many cool instruments, especially an entire wall of ukuleles. I want to go there on vacation!

It's a great video. I'm so proud Elderly is my local music store. I'm sure lucky. I've been going to Elderly since 1974....but back then, they were just a little hole-in-the-wall store in East Lansing, and had only been open for 2 years. Now they are celebrating their 40th anniversary. Stan Werbin has done things right. I guess this post shows my age.

I watched the full hour. It was a delight. Thank you for posting the link

It's a great video. I'm so proud Elderly is my local music store. I'm sure lucky. I've been going to Elderly since 1974....but back then, they were just a little hole-in-the-wall store in East Lansing, and had only been open for 2 years. Now they are celebrating their 40th anniversary. Stan Werbin has done things right. I guess this post shows my age.

I'm so jealous, I have to drive about an hour to Orlando to get to a store with more than 10 instruments and then it's Sam Ash, Guitar Center or George's.

I'm so jealous, I have to drive about an hour to Orlando to get to a store with more than 10 instruments and then it's Sam Ash, Guitar Center or George's.

I do realize how fortunate I am.

But, as you can see from my signature, it has caused me to spend alot of money over the years. To be honest, it has given me a real passion in life...playing music. Thank you Stan!

Last edited:
I'm so proud Elderly is my local music store. I'm sure lucky.

Well, you certainly are fortunate! I'm lucky enough to live close to quite a number of very good indie music stores (one of which has a bit of a wide reputation as well), so I do understand how it feels, and also count myself very lucky.

I do know if I ever manage to find myself in Lansing, MI I'll almost certainly make a stop.

Watched the whole video. Good stuff.

Wonder if the documentary explains their excessive shipping costs aimed at discouraging Canadian customers...

Top Bottom