Batten down the hatches uke players in the Gulf, Caribbean and Atlantic

Isaac , such a nice name. It makes me think of the bartender on Loveboat. Anyhoo that storm may turn into a hurricane and I was just thinking about our friends and family in those places. STAY SAFE!!!

View attachment 42112

Amen!!!! Stay SAFE!!!!!!

Be safe everyone and keep a close eye on the forecast. :)
(Spoken as a true weather nut.)

I went through a hurricane once and I won't wish it on anyone. What no one tells you is that then you have to live in a world where that's happened, and the media goes home and no one cares anymore.

Do what you need to do and stay safe!

Time to get our your copy of "Bad Moon Rising" and get it down pat.

Better yet, "Riders on the Storm".

I always liked Milli Vanilli's "Blame it on the rain". ;)

Stay safe, y'all.

I went through a hurricane once and I won't wish it on anyone. What no one tells you is that then you have to live in a world where that's happened, and the media goes home and no one cares anymore.

So very true - thanks Ps. This is a bad time of year. Next week marks the 7th anniversary of Katrina.

Thanks to Mike et al for the good wishes!

Keep alert and check for the warnings if needed be to evacuate....no sense taking chances in tornado alley...take your ukes with you for sure...be safe and good luck...
keep us informed ...

I've been through a couple when we lived in Indian Rocks beach....not far from Tampa....very cool to see and experience, but man, those things can really tear things up!!

Never been thru a hurricane, but we did have a "wind event" here in SoCal last year with winds upwards of 100mph that knocked out power for days and tore off roofs and knocked down fences and trees in our neighborhood. I was also there for the 9.2 Alaska earthquake in 1964 (showing my age here).

It's always scary. For anyone in harm's way, take cover, and I hope you will be safe.

So very true - thanks Ps. This is a bad time of year. Next week marks the 7th anniversary of Katrina.

Thanks to Mike et al for the good wishes!

Jeez it's been that long. The one I went through was Hugo, which made landfall in a city at a similar sea level and a huge impact inland that hurricanes don't usually have. I swear you could feel when the thing hit the Santee and gained strength. But it's the the day after, the months after, or maybe years after. It's not the hurricane itself. It's after the hurricane. And I say that realizing how much went right for us that didn't go right for those in Katrina's path. It's not a good time of year to be without power, let's just say that. :(

Top Bottom