PDA

View Full Version : Medium-Low G Worth's for concert-size?

byjimini
08-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Hi everyone,

I've got a concert uke coming through soon that I want to set up as a Low-G.

I was going to stick some tenor Worths on (because I like them best) and came across these Medium-Low one's on SUS - anyone tried them? What makes them different from the normal low-G?

http://www.southernukulelestore.co.uk/Product/165/Worth-CM-LG-Fluorocarbon-Premium-Ukulele-Strings

dnewton2
08-23-2012, 02:00 AM
I use the worth brown medium low g on a concert. I do not know what you mean by the normal low g but i assume you are talking about the medium part. Worth has different grades(?) of string (light, medium, hard, fat....) I am pretty sure it has something to do with the tension, light is less hard is more.

I really like the BM-LG on my concert, have used them for a coupel years now on the same uke.

Lalz
08-23-2012, 02:12 AM
Fluocarbonate low G strings give a better balance than wound ones and you don't get that screechy sound if you don't like it, but they sometimes have less tension and are a tiny bit wider if I remember well (haven't looked at a wound string for a while).
I tried the Worth CM low G string on my concert but I like the Fremont Clear low G one better, and the Living Water Strings set even more. The Worth string was a bit too slap for my taste. The LWS are perfect for me.

guitarsnrotts
08-23-2012, 03:25 AM
Have the Medium Browns on my Mainland slothead concert. I had to tune it up to A to get the tension I liked so I may try the Fremont Blacks which I currently have on my Lanikai Spalted Mango tenor and like a lot.