It's the Rocking Dodars, the dodar rock!

Plainsong

Reaction score
If this goes better in song writing, mods please feel free to move it there. I have the flu right now and the thinking part of my brain is overcome with sinus pressure. :(

Anyway, most of yall remember how Joey and I did her big single to help Fibro research, right? Well around that time, she started writing lots of lyrics, and we started talking about how stuff should sound and all that. We enjoyed the process and really learned a lot about what works and what doesn't, so why end it with one song?

We just needed one thing really, a group name. Joey was talking about this time she went to Sweden, and how the warning labels on cigs read: "Rocking doo-dar."* So when you open a pack of cigs, remember kids, rocking doo-dar. Here in Finland it says "Rocking can doo-dar."

Of course this means Smoking Kills, and it's Rökning dödar, but the joke stuck. The upside is that I didn't even have to explain it to our bass player (Anders, my husband). :)

So say hello to The Rocking Dodars! We have a fistful of songs, and it might take us a year, it might take us two, but we'll have some songs coming your way soon. We'll try to blog about the stuff that works and doesn't, so maybe it will be of some help to those trying to record on a shoestring. Who said everyone in the band had to even be in the same country? ;)

Next project - Other than song recording, is to get Anders from uke-adjacent to uke-playing. He refuses to learn 4 strings and/or new fingerings. Does anyone know how well guitar-alele's do with those string sets made for tiny scale and standard tuning?

*This started a heated debate (that hasn't ended BTW) about how English and Swedish are in no way related (of course they are!).

That name ROCKS \m/ !!! Looking forward to hearing the RD!
Get well, I better not catch flu from this post.

Uh-oh. I just sneezed on you.

Yeah I never got Anders to go along with any group name, and now suddenly he's so into it that he's firing up 3dstudiomax to make the logo. It's happy with a touch of edge.... or maybe The Edge if I use too much delay-lay-lay... ;)

Swedish and English are so NOT alike, well, they're languages, but that's the only thing they have in common :p

Also, one of our songs is called "Rocking Dodar" and talks about doing the Dodar rock! I need to add the links to my sig, man my sig is HUGE!

Yay! All the sites are working now :D

P.S Don't get me sicker, I'm already winning Gold in the Sick Olympics!

Kim and Joey,

please give us a link to the single and anything else re the Dodars and what you are up to. Thanks. :nana:

We almost have our second song - Thank You - check out the blog for info!

Really loving this!

We has a Logo!

Rocking Dodar Logo.png

Still finalizing it all, but that's what it should look like :D

I'd be happier if we had something more than just half-finished demos. I'm supposed to be the "healthy" one here!

I notice since we're not a new uke and all, that most people haven't responded for whatever reason. I thought it was worth posting because it's uke-related but not a new uke or strings or any of that other stuff we talk miles around. And we're using those forum connections to form a group. Are you lonely in your uke playing? Is it proving not possible to get a local group going? Well guys, doing it this way is an option. :)

Top Bottom