Collings UT1 only a few months old - nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendellfiddler

Reaction score
(Sold) I recently bought a used UT2 - liked the UT1 so much I bought the "2" but now I need to sell the "1". This uke is like new except that the matte finish has been lightly buffed to a mild gloss - very nice. I did consult Collings about it and they said that was fine, it doesn't have any effect on the durability of the finish - it was done very lightly with quality violin polish. Quite nice, actually, easier to clean and the lovely wood really stands out. Serial # 922

I'd like $900 plus shipping. I'm in central Massachusetts and I'd be willing to drive 100 miles or so to avoid shipping - so anyone within 200 miles who is willing to do the same could pick it up.

Shipping and payment details would have to be worked out between us.

I'm a well known commodity, you could check my band's website at: www.gypsywranglers.com and my ebay feedback at "swingfiddle". I've bought and sold many instruments in my lifetime - this is a beauty and not readily available anywhere right now.

Thanks,

Doug Tanner

Attachments

• P1140028.jpg
    P1140028.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 219
  • P1140029.jpg
    P1140029.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 205
  • P1140034.jpg
    P1140034.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 267
  • sm5.jpg
    sm5.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 118
  • P1140048.jpg
    P1140048.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
I can vouch for it. I've got one just like it. Defintely a keeper. Whomever buys it will be 100% satisfied as I am with mine.

Just a little more about myself - you can check out my listing of this instrument on the "slidemeister" list - a list like this one but for the chromatic harmonica. I've posted there for years - and bought and sold instruments on the classifieds there. There are also several local musical instrument dealers here in Western Mass who can vouch for me as I play fiddle, banjo, chromatic harmonica, guitar, mandolin, and uke. Playing different instruments has helped me to keep playing and performing regardless, or in spite of a host of physical problems - e.g. tennis elbow and bone spurs that forced me to limit my fiddle playing for a time, etc.

Anyway - here's links to Slidemeister where this uke is also listed:

http://www.slidemeister.com/forums/index.php?topic=7323.new#new

I think that link will work, but if not, try this one:

http://www.slidemeister.com/forums/index.php?board=29.0

and look for the listing.

I'm happy to take questions, provide more pictures or help in any other way. I will be away from the web this coming weekend.

Doug

Last edited:
I'll be saddened when this one does get sold and is no longer at the top of this forum. I absolutely love how the wood comes through after the polishing. Beautiful.

Someone will be very happy with this one. You can't beat a UT-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom