Peanut Eleuke MP3 Question

strummin'&hummin'

Reaction score
I'm new to playing ukulele - only been playing for about 4 months. I'm already addicted and now I own a couple including a Eleuke Peanut that just arrived today.

While my Peanut arrived in great condition, in tune and sounded fine when I hooked it up to my amp, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to work through just my iPod or iPad. It didn't come with any instructions. I tried looking it up on this forum and all I could find was an old thread saying how the first batch of Peanuts had "issues." I want to make sure that this works before I leave the seller feedback just in case I need to return it.

So to bring you guys up to speed, I used the MP3 chord they provided and plugged it into my Uke in the correct output outlet (I did find that info online) and then plugged it into my iPod. I opened up Garage Band thinking that would help but when I play it, I don't hear the Uke going through my device. So then, I plugged my iPod into my Mac Desktop and opened Garage Band there. Still nothing.

Can anyone help?

I'm new to playing ukulele - only been playing for about 4 months. I'm already addicted and now I own a couple including a Eleuke Peanut that just arrived today.

While my Peanut arrived in great condition, in tune and sounded fine when I hooked it up to my amp, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get it to work through just my iPod or iPad. It didn't come with any instructions. I tried looking it up on this forum and all I could find was an old thread saying how the first batch of Peanuts had "issues." I want to make sure that this works before I leave the seller feedback just in case I need to return it.

So to bring you guys up to speed, I used the MP3 chord they provided and plugged it into my Uke in the correct output outlet (I did find that info online) and then plugged it into my iPod. I opened up Garage Band thinking that would help but when I play it, I don't hear the Uke going through my device. So then, I plugged my iPod into my Mac Desktop and opened Garage Band there. Still nothing.

Can anyone help?

Couple of things - sorry if I am teaching you to suck eggs but your explanation is not 110 % clear to me. :D

1) plug in some standard headphones/earphones to your eleuke peanut - I find the appropriate jack is not well identified/labelled on the instrument . BUT the phones do NOT work in the MP3 jack... When they work, THAT is the headphone jack and the only (other) output source apart from the large 1/4" AMP connection.
2) If you are using the supplied "mp3" cord for OUTPUT, you MUST use the headphone jack.

The MP3 connection is for INPUT - so you can listen to mp3s that are fed from your ipod/pad to your peanut and then out to your headphones - you jam along with them.
Having said that, i guess you could either get an adapter that takes your normal peanut 1/4" amp output and connects to your idevice (appogee , irig come to mind - no experience with em) or MAYBE route you peanut head phone output to the standard mic input on the idevice. Of course, you won't get to hear a lot whilst recording that way....The iDevice will not act as a surrogate amp and allow you to listen in real time IIRC.

main3.jpg

the iphone in this picture is providing INPUT to the eleuke....a backing track etc

look here and see if that explains for you?

Edit: especially this:

Recording? Simply plug the cable(included in the softbag)to the earphone jack and your PC's Mic input then, you can record your EleUke play into your PC.

If that works, then 1) your earphone/headphone jack is fine, as is your supplied cable.

Last edited:
Thank you so MUCH for that explanation. I was scratching my head wondering why I wasn't getting any results at all because I had the cord provided going to the MP3 instead of the Earphone jack!

You have ended my frustration. Thanks again!

P.S. I do have iRig - I haven't tried that out yet but it looked pretty cool so I went ahead and bought it anyway. :)

Thank you so MUCH for that explanation. I was scratching my head wondering why I wasn't getting any results at all because I had the cord provided going to the MP3 instead of the Earphone jack!

You have ended my frustration. Thanks again!

P.S. I do have iRig - I haven't tried that out yet but it looked pretty cool so I went ahead and bought it anyway. :)

Great! Glad it helped :)

Top Bottom