Multiplying Ukes.

Tootler

Reaction score
Oh Dear!

I went to Whitby Folk Festival this week and took two ukes with me.

When I got home again, there were three in the boot of the car.

My ukes are multiplying.

yeah Geoff, weird when that happens eh. Like when you lock two tenors up in the cupboard overnight and wake to find a little soprano in between 'em. Guess that's why the uke is the instrument of luuuuurrve :love:

what kind did you buy anyway mate?

Congrats on your new ukulele....what did you get....I suppose you told your wife that one....hee hee You put two ukes in the trunk and opened it and got three....eh Houdini...

Oh Dear!

I went to Whitby Folk Festival this week and took two ukes with me.

When I got home again, there were three in the boot of the car.

My ukes are multiplying.

"It's dark in here." There was an unexpected rise in the birth rate 9 months after the electricity failure and big black out in N.America.

yeah Geoff, weird when that happens eh. Like when you lock two tenors up in the cupboard overnight and wake to find a little soprano in between 'em. Guess that's why the uke is the instrument of luuuuurrve :love:

what kind did you buy anyway mate?

Congrats on your new ukulele....what did you get....I suppose you told your wife that one....hee hee You put two ukes in the trunk and opened it and got three....eh Houdini...

Nothing special, It was a Lani soprano with a solid spruce top and maple laminate back and sides. It's the second Lani I've bought, they're nicely made with good intonation and set up, much better than their price would suggest.

I've not told my wife but I don't particularly keep it from her any more than she does similarly when she buys wool or quilting fabric.

I blame the man in the Music Room Stall at Folk Fest. I had wandered in on Monday and had a look at a few and had more or less decided not to bother but then when I had a bit of time to kill on Tuesday, I went in again and he had reduced all his prices quite significantly so well..... you can guess the rest.

There was a downside, though. One of my harmonica reeds stopped sounding during a session. I thought it might be something stuck in the reed but when I opened it up yesterday, I found that the reed had actually snapped in two. Damn! that meant new reed plates for that harp. I did manage to beat the shop I got it from down a bit on the grounds that they shouldn't break quite so soon.

Hehehe! I just started playing a couple of months ago and the same thing happens to me. It's like they follow me home or something! :)

Oh no, I have two tenors. I better keep them separated. I'm at a festival right now, but only brought one. So, I should be safe. Got one of my guitars and one of my dulcimers with me, though...wonder what that could result in?

Oh no, I have two tenors. I better keep them separated. I'm at a festival right now, but only brought one. So, I should be safe. Got one of my guitars and one of my dulcimers with me, though...wonder what that could result in?

Sounds like a dodgy combination. I met someone with a guitalele the other week. Who knows.....

Whitby and the surrounding area is my favourite place in England. Despite having travelled to a lot of far-flung places, nothing makes me smile like an early morning walk on Sandsend beach with my dogs.

I don't know if you ever go there to stay, but me & Mrs Kahuna always stay at http://www.rosedalecottages.co.uk/

The first time we stayed in "The Coachman's Rest", but each time subsequently we've stayed at "Palmers". Big for 2 people, but it just feels like home. We loved it so much, I booked Palmers 2 years in advance for my 50th birthday earlier this year!

I dare not do the multiplying ukes thing. Management just doesn't get it - it's not worth the hassle. New clothes? No problem. New Uke....... not worth the aggro. He can't understand why anyone should want more than one! I'm very happy with my concert ukes, the Tanglewood (laminate) looks and sounds great, but I'd like a good soprano - it ain't gonna happen.

Whitby and the surrounding area is my favourite place in England. Despite having travelled to a lot of far-flung places, nothing makes me smile like an early morning walk on Sandsend beach with my dogs.

I don't know if you ever go there to stay, but me & Mrs Kahuna always stay at http://www.rosedalecottages.co.uk/

The first time we stayed in "The Coachman's Rest", but each time subsequently we've stayed at "Palmers". Big for 2 people, but it just feels like home. We loved it so much, I booked Palmers 2 years in advance for my 50th birthday earlier this year!

I live in Middlesbrough, so Whitby is virtually on our doorstep. We go there regularly, though it gets very busy in the summer. Whitby folk week is great with events all over the town and lots of opportunity to join in.

I dare not do the multiplying ukes thing. Management just doesn't get it - it's noet worth the hassle. New clothes? No problem. New Uke....... not worth the aggro. He can't understand why anyone should want more than one! I'm very happy with my concert ukes, the Tanglewood (laminate) looks and sounds great, but I'd like a good soprano - it ain't gonna happen.

I don't think management really get it here either but she got used to it with recorders. Anyway she has a fabric inflation problem not forgetting wool growth.

I dare not do the multiplying ukes thing. Management just doesn't get it - it's not worth the hassle. New clothes? No problem. New Uke....... not worth the aggro. He can't understand why anyone should want more than one! I'm very happy with my concert ukes, the Tanglewood (laminate) looks and sounds great, but I'd like a good soprano - it ain't gonna happen.
I take it all back. I can't believe it - A uke came up on ebay that I wanted... been watching it but I didn't bid - about 15 mins before the auction ended, I told him - a uke I'd wanted to try out in a shop (last weekend) had come up on ebay, and the auction was about to end - he said "Well you'd better get upstairs quick and bid for it then, hadn't you!" So I did - and I've just won it! I'm speechless - for once!

I take it all back. I can't believe it - A uke came up on ebay that I wanted... been watching it but I didn't bid - about 15 mins before the auction ended, I told him - a uke I'd wanted to try out in a shop (last weekend) had come up on ebay, and the auction was about to end - he said "Well you'd better get upstairs quick and bid for it then, hadn't you!" So I did - and I've just won it! I'm speechless - for once!
Thank you for sharing...what a hubbie you have...sounds like a real cool guy...and you are a lucky gal....

mm stan said
""Thank you for sharing...what a hubbie you have...sounds like a real cool guy...and you are a lucky gal....""

I Luv you almost as much as my John Deere tractor. Congratulations on your latest ukulele, the waiting is not too long I hope.
Jim

Top Bottom