New Uke/Steel Tune - A Smooth One - Gerald Ross

Gerald Ross

Reaction score
I was hoping it wouldn't happen, but it did.

Winter is rapidly approaching in SE Lower Michigan.

Yesterday was cold, wet and cloudy. Today is cold, wet and cloudy.
Tommorow, more of the same but with scattered snow showers.

I retreated to my "man cave" and recorded this number. This tune has become a favorite
and has been making the rounds of the gigs and jam sessions in the Ann Arbor area lately.

The Benny Goodman/Charlie Christian hit 'A Smooth One'.

bennycharlie.jpg

A Smooth One

Instrumentation: My Talsma Tenor Uke, a 1954 Fender Champion lap steel guitar, a 2007 Taylor 714ce
acoustic guitar and Band In A Box Bass.

Thanks for posting this Gerald, the track is awesome. It had been a really long time since I had listened to that Goodman/Christian album. It's great!

Good thing you posted this here. Remind me of your ukulele stomp album. I am ordering it right now from cdbaby. Can't wait to listen to it.

Vincent

Always happy to hear another Gerald track - love it. Gerald, your "steel guitar backing tracks" CD doesn't seem to be available from your site. Do you have any more of them?

I was hoping it wouldn't happen, but it did.

Winter is rapidly approaching in SE Lower Michigan.

Yesterday was cold, wet and cloudy. Today is cold, wet and cloudy.
Tommorow, more of the same but with scattered snow showers.

I retreated to my "man cave" and recorded this number. This tune has become a favorite
and has been making the rounds of the gigs and jam sessions in the Ann Arbor area lately.

The Benny Goodman/Charlie Christian hit 'A Smooth One'.

bennycharlie.jpg

A Smooth One

Instrumentation: My Talsma Tenor Uke, a 1954 Fender Champion lap steel guitar, a 2007 Taylor 714ce
acoustic guitar and Band In A Box Bass.

Wow. I REALLY dig this. Is there anyway to download this track and not just stream it? :nana:

Thanks all.

SamWise - sorry the backing tracks CD is out of print.

thejumpingflea - If you are a Windows user, just right click on the MP3 Icon on my website and a menu should appear that lets you save the file to wherever you wish.

Always happy to hear another Gerald track - love it. Gerald, your "steel guitar backing tracks" CD doesn't seem to be available from your site. Do you have any more of them?

I have a copy, and I would be happy to send it to you if I can find it and if you PM me your address!

Top Bottom