KoAlana Video sound samples and a quick talk with Alan Okami

MGM

Reaction score
So here it is as promised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HErT4Ah3V0g&feature=share&list=UU8IkAxAC9DC21iIsLjo_qsQ

Also if you are in the Los Angeles Area at the Grammy Museum
American Express Presents
Reel to Reel: My KoAloha Story
At The GRAMMY Museum

Hawaiian Music Legend Daniel Ho Also To Perform On August 28

“Ukulele 101” To Be Held Prior to Film Screening

LOS ANGELES (August 7, 2012) – Traditionally a Hawaiian instrument, the 4-stringed guitar-like ukulele has found a niche in popular music. Its unique sound brings an instant island tone to any piece of music. My KoAloha Story follows Alvin Okami, the owner of KoAloha Ukulele, and his journey into the craft. Alvin and his ohana (Hawaiian for “family”) at KoAloha have been dedicated to crafting the highest quality ukuleles for almost two decades, but their story goes further into music and family, and how a small instrument can change lives and bring people together. Join us for a screening of My KoAloha Story and a special guest appearance by Hawaiian music legend Daniel Ho, who will perform prior to the screening.

Guests are also welcome to join Daniel and Alan Okami (also of KoAloha Ukulele) for a one-hour workshop titled Ukulele 101 prior to the screening, beginning at 5:00 p.m. This informal class is a fun and educational way to learn more about the beloved ukulele. Done in the Hawaiian "talk-story" style, both Daniel Ho and Alan Okami share their love and knowledge of this special instrument. Although not required, guests are welcome to bring their own ukulele with them to learn

Legit Mike so cool behind the scenes, any hint yes or no whether they'll be in solid mahog' as well (UNOFFICIALLY) ;)

Legit Mike so cool behind the scenes, any hint yes or no whether they'll be in solid mahog' as well (UNOFFICIALLY) ;)

Well for now just in Sapele which is so close to Mahagony it would defeat the purpose...The main reason these Asian countries use Sapele is that it is in great supply there...Many also have forestry industries and discourage or outlaw import of woods so the local industries will use local timber...thats why the KoAlanas will never be made in Koa.

Amazing that they could replicate the KoAloha sound. Wow. Thanks for the sneak peek MGM.

That's really exciting, is a tenor in the works?

Looks like satin, but a gloss version sure would be nice.

Bah, no cutaway! I would honestly think about one of those if it had the cutaway and cutout head.

I did like the sound of the concert though.

Thanks for the "unauthorized/unofficial" announcement! Great sounding ukes... I LOVE how the established "K" brands are staying "in the game" from all ranges of price-points. My UAS is flaring...

Mahalo!

Mike, those new KoAlanas look and sound great. I think I want one, time to start saving my nickels and dimes!

BTW, It's great to see YOU looking and sounding so great as well.

These unofficial promo videos and photos you keep showing us are all very cruel. As a mahogany (of whatever kind) soprano lover the wait is very difficult. Please do whatever you can to get those Koaloha guys in gear and selling these babies! :)

This is so cool! Being built exactly the same way, with the same tools, but just by different people in another country, with different wood. I don't know if this is normal practice, but it seems to me most people just outsource to China and get whatever they put out.

KoAloha is going the extra mile here, and I love it!
Cheers,
Skottoman

You know I want one!!!!!
a concert perhaps!!!
yay!!

So cool - thanks for posting Mike, and thanks also Alan.

As a Koaloha owner I am seriously interested. As I have already posted I am also keep to know if they will be setting up early UK dealer distribution? Please?

Top Bottom