"In The Pines"

ukuleledaveey

Reaction score
A little song i recorded today in between my attempts for the latin week on the seasons comp.
Thanks to all those who have exposed me to the wonderful music from the yester years of Amercia, I never realised the States had such wonderful music, and I am loving discovering really great music and performers I just cant get enough of, so thanks so much to my UU chums for exposing me to the wonderful heritage of great music and i look forward to listening to infinite amounts cheers.

Wow mate, this is the perfect song for you, totally perfect fit. Great vocal, sweet picking, just brilliant.

thanks so so much campbell, :) you are always so supportive and it is greatly appreciated mate, thanks so much. my wife loves me playing this song. i originally recorded it just to send it to her in a email but she talked me into posting it here.

really nice work brother Dave. Glad you've gotten into the American folk stuff...a bottomless well of incredible songs and stories and history. Looking forward to more bro :)

This is incredible, Davey - Campbell's right, this is a great song for you - just the right range and suits your playing style.... you're quickly approaching honorary hillbilly status, man....

Check out this version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mVMRs_iG_o This young lady has an amazing voice and I love it when the whole group starts singing along.....

really nice work brother Dave. Glad you've gotten into the American folk stuff...a bottomless well of incredible songs and stories and history. Looking forward to more bro :)

Many many thanks Jon, to receive praise and encouragement from someone as esteemed as yourself, really does wonders for the confidence and belief, so thanks so much. Infact you and Bill are the 2 who are most responsible for opening my eyes and ears to this wonderful vein of music, thanks so much mate.
This is incredible, Davey - Campbell's right, this is a great song for you - just the right range and suits your playing style.... you're quickly approaching honorary hillbilly status, man....

Check out this version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mVMRs_iG_o This young lady has an amazing voice and I love it when the whole group starts singing along.....
awww Bill, you are such a top fella to, constant praise and encouragement, it really does mean a lot mate and always greatly appreciated, as i stated above, you and Jon are the 2 most responsible for pointing me to this great music, that i now love so much. I watched a fantastic documentary on the History of Appalachia it was really really good, Mate i would be honoured to be a honorary Hillbilly, maybe i should put that next to my avatar. Once again mate thanks so much and love everything you post to.

Great job on this one! It is a great one for your range! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks so much fitncrafty, greatly appreciate your kind words, and thank you for watching and enjoying it.

Great song & terrific rendition, Davey! I want to learn to do that sort of pickin' too!! Grrrr! As the guys said - it really suits your voice! Well done

Roberta

Great song & terrific rendition, Davey! I want to learn to do that sort of pickin' too!! Grrrr! As the guys said - it really suits your voice! Well done

Roberta
Many many thanks Roberta, greatly appreciate your words, yep i have always loved that song since the Nirvana mtv unplugged and of course being exposed to the wonderful old music of America through this forum and loving Leadbelly, etc has opened all this music to me, I have today now found other versions with other lyrics, the one i did was a bit repetitious, but i love the song so much and the wife loves it to :) once again many thanks.
Oh forgot to mention thanks for the comment on the picking, i have no technique or style or been taught, i just make the chord shapes and pluck the strings not even technically correct, it works on some songs, give it a go, that is all i do :)

Last edited:
Great job. This was the first song I played on my new National reso uke.

Awe jeez Daveey...I am going to take off my hillbilly hat and hand it to ya, along with a tumbler full of 100 proof. You have figured out precisely what we are all about over here, and I would be glad to open my home to ya should ya need to make a pilgrimage. This is a freaking fantastic video mate...fantastic

Top Bottom