Sweet Georgia Brown/Harlem Globetrotters Theme

arpie

Reaction score
Hi guys

Had a go at doing the Harlem Globetrotter's Theme aka Sweet Georgia Brown, on my Mainland Banjo Ukulele, whistling it! :D

Hope you like it

Roberta

AWESOME Roberta!!!! Amazing whistling mate, great version and I love the sound of that mainland banjo uke. I'm with Cam, a very cool clip. :cool::)

Thanks, guys!! I've loved it for years too, Cam. I last heard it played by a folk group at my nephew's wedding in Tassie earlier this year & it reminded me just how good a song it was. The bride's name was Georgie, so obviously very fitting! We had a great 'knees up'!

he, he, my whistling is WAY better than my singing, believe me!!! I may have to look at some more whistling songs!! I remember Roger Whittaker's fantastic whistling songs from the 70s too!!

I took great care not to include my funny puckered up mouth too!! :eek:

I still love my banjo uke the best, Jon! It is played more than the others put together! Just can't beat that banjo sound!

cheerio

Roberta

great version of one of my fave songs (since taking up the uke) loved it, sounded really good on that banjolele, our uke club will be playing that at one of our members wedding next month cant wait for that.
Really enjoyed it and the whistling was good to.
Back in the early 90's i worked in a a garage and who should rock up but Roger Whittaker, he said "I have a funny noise coming from the engine" and HONESTLY the mechanic replied "It's not a whistling sound is it !!!) Roger promptly told him to go forth and multiply, :)

...."It's not a whistling sound is it !!!" Roger promptly told him to go forth and multiply......

:D :D No sense of humour, some people!!! LOL

Have fun at the wedding!

Nicely done...can't post the video from here, but there is a shot of Mister Bones doing it on the YouTube that is a sender...one of my favs to rattle to, played right along with ya :)

Very nice. All it's missing is you saying at the end "I was that cat, all right!"

Thanks guys!

....Ah so that's how that song is supposed to go....... Nothing wrong with that! Terrific sounding group!! I've got a kazoo too!! Forgot about it!

....Mister Bones doing it on the YouTube that is a sender.... Ya can't beat the original, hey? Didn't know about the middle bit - really neat!!!

I've added the chords to it now too! :)

Cheers

Roberta

Last edited:
Very nicely done Roberta, and your whistling is COOL................................BO.......................

Aloha Roberta,
An Old time favorite of mine too....loved it and the whistling.. thank you for sharing...so that your mainland banjo, I may need one of those..hope you get your kamaka fixed too.
Happy Strummings......Stan

Top Bottom