PDA

View Full Version : "Snow Deer"

Hippie Dribble
08-24-2012, 03:28 AM
1913. Percy Wenrich; Jack Mahoney.

a slice of old time Americana pie for y'all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ7MV5gwDEc

ukuleledaveey
08-24-2012, 03:35 AM
loved it mate :) tried to watch it but it was on private so headed over to youtube and watched it.
You tease you know i am getting addicted to this old time music :) thanks for giving me a little fix of a great tune and your skills with the uke, loved the picking the notes sung out sweetly, have a great weekend mate best regards to you and all the family :)

Hippie Dribble
08-24-2012, 03:40 AM
loved it mate :) tried to watch it but it was on private so headed over to youtube and watched it.
You tease you know i am getting addicted to this old time music :) thanks for giving me a little fix of a great tune and your skills with the uke, loved the picking the notes sung out sweetly, have a great weekend mate best regards to you and all the family :)
mate, thanks for taking a look. I appreciate it brother, and your warmth and kind words always warm up me ol' cold heart. Oh, the vid is fixed now - off private - shucks I do that all the time when I post these things he he... Literally freezing here today but the weather looks more promising for our trip over the weekend. Bless ya mate, you're a bloody legend is all I can say. :)

fitncrafty
08-24-2012, 04:06 AM
Fantastic as usual.. Great job! Hope you are keeping warm and things are well for you!

vanflynn
08-24-2012, 04:21 AM
Great song Jon. What's up with the tie? Getting formal on us?

Hippie Dribble
08-24-2012, 04:45 AM
Fantastic as usual.. Great job! Hope you are keeping warm and things are well for you!

hey Carrie, so nice to hear from you mate. I hope you're well too buddy. All the best to you guys from the Birralee connection :)

Hippie Dribble
08-24-2012, 04:46 AM

hey Jim...aaaaw mate, I'm just another one of them thar hillbillies tryin' to rise above his station :p

mm stan
08-24-2012, 04:59 AM

Awesome song and a great job....my foot was tapping all the way....missed this one again....ha ha
@Jim... yeah the tassie man is a ladys man all dressed up again....handsome bugger

23skidoo
08-24-2012, 05:19 AM
great tune - love the rhythm and the little turns in the melody..... incredibly well played and sung, as usual..... you're on a roll here lately, man - just over the top goodness rising up from Tassie.....

bluesuke
08-24-2012, 06:02 AM
Brilliant !!!

The Big Kahuna
08-24-2012, 06:10 AM
Love it Eugene. I'd love to hear you do Mairzy Doats. Always liked that song since hearing it on Twin Peaks.

uke4ia
08-24-2012, 11:03 AM
You play a lot of Americana. Do they have Australiana? Or Tasmaniana?

kaizersoza
08-24-2012, 12:41 PM
a joy as usual Jon, keep em coming m8

v30
08-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Excellent job!
Your vids have been a real education for me on some really great classic tunes that I may have otherwise never heard.....thank you!

Camsuke
08-24-2012, 01:33 PM
Love the song, the energy and the fact that you can remember all the lyrics which are delivered a such a pace! Top job mate.

Hippie Dribble
08-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Love the song, the energy and the fact that you can remember all the lyrics which are delivered a such a pace! Top job mate.
ha ha mate...3 days of learning and 20+ takes yesterday afternoon in failing light... :p

Hippie Dribble
08-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Awesome song and a great job....my foot was tapping all the way....missed this one again....ha ha
@Jim... yeah the tassie man is a ladys man all dressed up again....handsome bugger
thankyou my Bruddah...ladies man...eugenie's man :love:

great tune - love the rhythm and the little turns in the melody..... incredibly well played and sung, as usual..... you're on a roll here lately, man - just over the top goodness rising up from Tassie.....
thanks Bill. This one was done really well by Woody. Never would have thought to try playing it, except a fellow yootober asked me to do a version as it had some precious memories from her childhood. Yeah mate, cheers for the lovely comment, pretty happy with how it came out. Blessings mate

Brilliant !!!
thanks Perry. Whatcha think of the uke bro? :p

Hippie Dribble
08-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Love it Eugene. I'd love to hear you do Mairzy Doats. Always liked that song since hearing it on Twin Peaks.
K, you're on. added to the list bro

You play a lot of Americana. Do they have Australiana? Or Tasmaniana?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im6VEJKd1aA

a joy as usual Jon, keep em coming m8
cheers Rich, appreciate it mate

Excellent job!
Your vids have been a real education for me on some really great classic tunes that I may have otherwise never heard.....thank you!
thanks a bunch brother. I'm learning them too mate and it's a joy. Thanks for the support and encouragement man

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
08-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Woohoo! Fun. Gracias.

Hippie Dribble
08-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Woohoo! Fun. Gracias.
Muchos Gracias to you brother. Thanks for taking the time to have a look.

Bob Bledsoe
08-25-2012, 12:51 PM
This was great! Jon, do you keep all these songs in your head? How many of these can you play at the drop of a hat if you were asked to do a 7-12 hour gig? (I'm assuming you could play at least that long)

TCK
08-25-2012, 08:27 PM
You know...just when I thought things were safe here in America, along comes a Tasmanian Devil to do a sacred Woodrow Wilson Guthrie tune better than any of us yanks could ever hope to do it.
Jon...you make me pick my jaw up off the ground nearly every week-
But you know how I love this one
This song, a special song
Played just for us lucky folks.
Kicking ass, taking names.
This is a healthy dose of bromance for sure.
-Lefty

TCK
08-25-2012, 08:36 PM
What am I on...like six plays? Dammit you are good mate

TCK
08-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Crap...this is really bad, but I am now listening for the 25th time. I posted it to my Facebook status, I learnt it (not the way you play it), I dinged my uke rocking out to it...
This is as good as it gets.
And I am embarrassed...and will post all night,
sweet baby jesus, this is music.

Hippie Dribble
08-28-2012, 11:56 AM
This was great! Jon, do you keep all these songs in your head? How many of these can you play at the drop of a hat if you were asked to do a 7-12 hour gig? (I'm assuming you could play at least that long)

hey Bob,thanks mate. For years i did a couple of pub spots that were three hour sessions - 9-midnight or 10-1.....3 x 45 minute sets. had about 50 songs ready to go each night for that one and another handful up the sleeve. Never found I needed as many as I thought though...once you allow for some banter with the folks and a few reprises by request, the time sure passes quickly.

I guess I couldn't honestly say how mnany are in my head at any one time. I do often find though that my memory is better than I think...that i can start playing the first line of something i hadn't touched for months or years and it's sstill in there somewhere. others disappear without a trace pretty quickly. I'm guessing that with a few hours practice I'd have enough for a good (or a crap) gig in me at the moment..he he. as always brother, cheers for the good vibes
:cheers:

Hippie Dribble
08-28-2012, 12:07 PM
Crap...this is really bad, but I am now listening for the 25th time. I posted it to my Facebook status, I learnt it (not the way you play it), I dinged my uke rocking out to it...
This is as good as it gets.
And I am embarrassed...and will post all night,
sweet baby jesus, this is music.

Lefty, man you sure know how to make a guy's crappy morning come good mate. Yeah, the same guys who wrote 'tulip' put this one together too eh. I'm with the Femmes brother, gimme some of that American Music for breakfast lunch and dinner and everything else in between. Mate your kindness to me astounds me and humbles me and I'm beyond grateful to you for keeping my tank full of petrol when it's on low. Off to learn another one...love ya Dave

pancho

TCK
08-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Man...you just gotta know.
Now I just have one question...
Do you like American Music?
Love you mate- keep 'em coming, I will keep topping the tank off
Lefty

Lefty, man you sure know how to make a guy's crappy morning come good mate. Yeah, the same guys who wrote 'tulip' put this one together too eh. I'm with the Femmes brother, gimme some of that American Music for breakfast lunch and dinner and everything else in between. Mate your kindness to me astounds me and humbles me and I'm beyond grateful to you for keeping my tank full of petrol when it's on low. Off to learn another one...love ya Dave

pancho

TCK
08-28-2012, 05:34 PM
And here I am totally sucked in again...
Lets hit the trail