GUITAR: Offering my Tacoma DM9

PoiDog

Reaction score
I hate to do this, but I've have to sell my Tacoma DM9 guitar - (Serial: F0370200)

Some specifics:
* Hand crafted in 2002 (Pre-Fender make)
* 100% solid Mahogany front, back, sides, neck
* Rosewood fretboard
* MOP inlay fret marker
* Nu-Bone nut
* Tortoise binding

I can't even begin to describe how good this guitar is. First off, it was made back in 2002, so this is a pre-Fender model. Pre-Fender Tacomas are considered to be of the same quality and level as Martin, Gibson, Larivee, Taylor, Breedlove, and others. In fact, a lot of folks find they prefer the Tacoma to the Big Boys.

I found out the reason Tacoma guitars cost about 50% less than the sexy named ones is because the guys who built the guitars actually owned the groves that supplied the wood. And, they also supplied ... that's right ... Taylor, Gibson, Martin, etc.

Anyway, this guitar has really matured and opened up over the years, but other than a few buckle marks on the back, it looks as good as the day it was made. There are absolutely no issues with this guitar at all. None. no cracks, no bowing, no bellying, no neck problems, no rattles, no seam separations, no finishing problems, no issues with the bridge, saddle, or nut, and the frets have no wear issues.

It's got a clear pickguard, tortoise binding, MOP fret markers, and a charcoal graphite truss rod cover. I recently slapped new Martin Marquis strings on it, and it just plays like a dream Nice action, dead-on intonation, deep sound, endless sustain, and a beautiful satin finish.

It really is a shame to have to let this go, but it just doesn't work for me and I had to make a hard choice. Seriously, if it weren't for the fact that this is a dreadnaught size and just too big for my comfort, I wouldn't let it go for any amount of money - and that is the truth.

Asking $475 shipped to the 48. Paypal okay. May be a bit higher for other areas. PM or email me with any questionsI'll post a few extra pics later this afternoon, but for now here are a few.

tac01.jpgtac02.jpgtac03.jpgtac04.jpg

Have you checked with the Tacoma Guitar Forum? They would likely snap this up.

Top Bottom