I have big problems

frankiefirefox

Reaction score
I'm traveling to Albany, NY from Maine for a wedding this weekend. So I was all packed up and ready to hit the road. I had packed my Kamoa, thinking "I probably won't play that much..." I brought it into my office and was strumming away and shortly thereafter realized that I couldn't bear to part with my KoAloha for 3 days. I immediately went home, hung the Kamoa on the wall, and packed up my KoAloha.

As a result of this experience, I feel like I have some major mental instabilities. Does anyone else share this problem or am I just a lunatic?

Yes you have some major issues. Now if it were a Kamaka that would be totally OK.

The solution is obvious. I will PM my address so you can mail me the Kamoa

Yes, you are mental............. but happy.

Just a case of seperation anxiety. The only fix is to take the KoAloha everywhere you go.

LOL! This is great! I thought it was just me! Sometimes late in the afternoon when I'm in the office I think, "I can hardly wait to get home to my ukes."

Kathryn

I'm traveling to Albany, NY from Maine for a wedding this weekend. So I was all packed up and ready to hit the road. I had packed my Kamoa, thinking "I probably won't play that much..." I brought it into my office and was strumming away and shortly thereafter realized that I couldn't bear to part with my KoAloha for 3 days. I immediately went home, hung the Kamoa on the wall, and packed up my KoAloha.

As a result of this experience, I feel like I have some major mental instabilities. Does anyone else share this problem or am I just a lunatic?

Which question do you want the answer to?

I love my KoAloha Sceptre. But my main travel uke is my Fluke. Totally different instruments, but both wonderful.

And since you're down this way, if you're around on Sunday and want to get together and play, let me know - I'm in Schenectady. I'll bring my KoAloha.

-Kurt​

Kurt,

I would have loved to meet up and strum with you! Unfortunately, I sprained my right wrist in a bad way on Friday night. So after hauling my KoAloha all the way out to Albany, I didnt even play it. To make a long weekend worse, now I can't play at all... I'm less than thrilled with myself.

Pootsie,

If you had caught me before I left, I probably would have sent you out my Fender and my Kamoa. I was that psychotic about leaving my K.

I'm still here for you, brother. If you need to dump some extra instruments, let me know ...

I hope that hand heals up soon.

This is a funny thread. I have the same seperation anxiety too but it is often with my latest uke. Hard to even put it down. The cure is possibly to upgrade to a better new uke. Lol

I have to admit that as soon as I get home from work I take my uke out of the case even thought I probably won't pick it up for at least a 1/2 hr.

Hope your wrist feels better.

I never understood the whole "beater" uke thing. You only live once, play the best uke you got. I don't have a real fancy or expensive uke, my main uke is a Kanilea tenor but she goes everywhere with me. In the rain, to the beach. She has the battlescars to prove it too. The only time I got nervous was when I was playing outside in Austin, Texas when the loudest crack of thunder I ever heard boomed overhead. I seriously thought it was loud enough to crack my uke. I ran back inside.

Like I said above, i cant play right now. But that doesnt mean that I havent taken it out of the case to try, in spite of the pain...

I guess I'm going to have to get a second comparable uke. Then I can use one at the office and travelling then the other as my new pride and joy!

I never understood the whole "beater" uke thing. You only live once, play the best uke you got.
I'm all about the beater ukulele. Sometimes you just want to save the best and sweet notes at home when you're playing out back or on the porch.

Besides, my beater G-String tenor w/ GHS strings is the loudest ukulele I got! Beach, party, or tailgate, it can easily be heard from anyone in the immediate area. :D

FFF, I'm thrilled that you are so happy with the KoAloha; I remember back when you were thinking about all options.

Funny, I don;t have a soprano now, but wanted one. I got a Kamoa from Elderly Music--great instrument, but not like my Koaloha What'd I do? Return it, and upgrade to a KoAloha Pineapple Soprano. lol

I got a Kamoa from Elderly Music--great instrument, but not like my Koaloha What'd I do? Return it, and upgrade to a KoAloha Pineapple Soprano. lol

That would have been the smart move! One of my bosses told me that I should buy another koaloha. HIs advice was the rich buy once and the poor/uneducated keep buying until they get it right.

I never understood the whole "beater" uke thing. You only live once, play the best uke you got. I don't have a real fancy or expensive uke, my main uke is a Kanilea tenor but she goes everywhere with me. In the rain, to the beach. She has the battlescars to prove it too. The only time I got nervous was when I was playing outside in Austin, Texas when the loudest crack of thunder I ever heard boomed overhead. I seriously thought it was loud enough to crack my uke. I ran back inside.

Now see, only on UU would a Kanile'a tenor be considered only so and so. I'm in the same boat as you. I do have ukes that I've purchased as "beaters" but they've turned more into "keepers" -- Love a battlescared instrument even if mine aren't there yet!

Top Bottom