My Makala Dolphin and the case I made for it

starlene

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been reading this forum for awhile, and only now have gotten brave enough to post something. I have had a ukulele for about 3 years, but only really started practicing it lately. I studied music for a few years in college, but ultimately decided it was not something I actually wanted to pursue as a career, so I decided to up and move to Hawaii with my boyfriend. Now that I'm not being bothered with having to practice other instruments, I decided it was the perfect time to start playing the ukulele again. I'm very pleased with my ukulele, and I made a case for it so I'd feel better about packing in a suitcase, so I thought I share with you all.

uKZnn.jpg

Here is my dolphin, adorned with some lovely stickers.

kHgMl.jpg

Here is its case. I made it by cutting apart the crappy bag it came with, and using it as a pattern. I simply made one bag of quilted fabric, then another of polar fleece, then put one inside the other and sewed it together with a zipper.

X1r4W.jpg

Here you can see the lining.

ZgpLd.jpg

And finally, my the case for my boyfriend's dolphin....I ran out of time before my flight, you see...but the uke still survived the suitcase! I must confess, his sounds a lot better than mine, so it's the one I play.

Anyways, I must say I am enjoying Hawaii, and I'm definitely looking forward to visiting all the ukulele factories, and eventually buying a lovely Hawaiian made koa concert.

Attachments

• uKZnn.jpg
    uKZnn.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1
Love the bag! Thanks for sharing yr pics! :)

Top Bottom