Another reason why Brittni Paiva is awesome!

Dan Uke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I had a Jerry Maguire moment as I was wondering how we can all be ambassadors of the uke. I love the uke, you love the uke, but how can we show that love to others? Sometimes, I feel like we are preaching to the choir on UU.

I used to smirk whenever Lexxy posted as his signature states, "The ukulele will one day take over the world." Now, Lexxy's statement makes a lot of sense and I'm asking myself how??

It hit me that Youtube is the way to go. There's many of us that post on youtube and there's even a contest every week! I figure I had to pick popular songs to reach the most people...Enough of the Background

I told Brittni my vision and asked her to be a Celebrity Judge as I know she played Katy Perry's song and is an ambassador of the uke. I believe she also wants to share the joy of the uke with everyone and I was really impressed in that she teaches too!

I figured she would not respond but to my surprise she said yes! She is touring in Japan right now and who knows what other private obligations she has. However, just the fact that a professional would watch YOUR video is another example how she gives back to the ukulele community!!

BRITTNI ROCKS!!

Last edited:
That is to cool Daniel. She would I guess be one of the few professional artists that would have replied back.

That speaks very highly of her. I admire her for that.

Aloha Daniel,
Couldn't have said it better...Brittni is awesome...Didn't I say she was..ha ha what celebrity judge are you talking about...for what....

Brittni is very cool. She posted this on her Facebook page the other day: "Today's status is about respecting others. On Facebook, other websites, and even in day-to-day personal interactions, there is always some sort of hate and degrading criticism and judgement being expressed. We all have different views, whether it be religion, politics, or even which instrument brand one prefers. Regardless of the fact that your opinion/view may differ from someone else's, that doesn't give you the right to call them a racist, hater, etc., or accuse them of being judgmental. Wouldn't that be racist to call them racist? Wouldn't that be hatred to hate them for disagreeing with you? Wouldn't that be judgmental to make assumptions before you even get to know why they believe what they believe? Treat others how you want to be treated. If you want to be treated like royalty wherever you go, be sure treat others like royalty too. :) Have a great day!"

Brittni is very cool. She posted this on her Facebook page the other day: "Today's status is about respecting others. On Facebook, other websites, and even in day-to-day personal interactions, there is always some sort of hate and degrading criticism and judgement being expressed. We all have different views, whether it be religion, politics, or even which instrument brand one prefers. Regardless of the fact that your opinion/view may differ from someone else's, that doesn't give you the right to call them a racist, hater, etc., or accuse them of being judgmental. Wouldn't that be racist to call them racist? Wouldn't that be hatred to hate them for disagreeing with you? Wouldn't that be judgmental to make assumptions before you even get to know why they believe what they believe? Treat others how you want to be treated. If you want to be treated like royalty wherever you go, be sure treat others like royalty too. :) Have a great day!"

That really touches me, I love Brittni's attitude towards the Uke and other parts of life. She is a great ambassador for the Ukulele. You can't go wrong modelling your own ambassadorial skills on hers. She spreads the Aloha spirit wherever she goes :D

If only we knew how close World Domination was.... Heh heh heh...

Help in the cause and enter!!

Only three more days of entry so if you want to help spread the love, make a youtube video of a popular song!!

It is such a pity that I missed this contest :(

I would love to know what Brittni thinks about my playing...

I have to say this even though I usually don't like to gush about how awesome people are in forums (I prefer to vote with my tickets and subscriptions etc) BUT I saw this video of Brittni Paiva and Kalei Gamiao and Sungha Jung and it truly inspired me. It just seemed so dang fun. Anyway, even though I consider myself to be just an intermediate player (on a good day), I have decided to sign up for some lessons to see about learning to jam out like they do in this video. I thought you should know that it was a direct inspiration...that's all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxTW8i6QvAE

Last edited:
Top Bottom