New KoAloha Sceptre

turtle10786

Reaction score
My new KoAloha Sceptre tenor just arrived yesterday from the great folks at Hawaii Music Supply. HMS had listed this KoAloha as a blem at a reduced price so I jumped at the opportunity. The blemish is almost invisible and the Koa on this uke is spectacular. I'm absolutely amazed at the tone and playability of this uke. While I was testing it out last night my wife commented that she thought I was playing my PRS custom 24 as it sounded that rich and full. I upgraded the case to a Ko'olau one made for the thin body of the Sceptre and the combination is spot on. I'd like to give a resounding mahalo to Andrew and the gang at HMS for the good advice, perfect setup and quick delivery of my uke. Here are some pics:

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 96
Contrats on your new Sceptre......it looks real sweeet.....thank you for sharing and happy strummings...

Swell uke. HMS is my "go-to" place for production ukes.

I'd buy a Sceptre, but I know myself: it's not if, but when, that I ding one of those points.

The grain looks really awesome on the back! I bet it looks even better in person. Congrats!

Nice looking Sceptre! I think the Sceptre is underrated. Mine plays really well, sounds great and is loud. Easy access to about the 18th fret or so is another bonus. :)

You got a real winner! My concert is my favorite!

Congratulations. Beautiful Sceptre. I'll be pleased if mine looks that good when it arrives.

Congratulations! I ALSO got a new Sceptre from HMS this week. Can't tell from the photo's - is your's a tenor or concert?? Mine is a Concert & I also added the O'ahu case & got a LR Baggs Five.0 p/u installed.

KoAloha's are such GREAT ukes & HMS is hard to match for customer service. Both Andrew & MGM made it all simple.

Mahalo!

Such amazing grain on it- especially on the back...which leads me to why would they put such pretty wood on the back? Sure is a beautiful uke

Congrats on your new sceptre turtle. Nice grain on that one. She is a real looker.

Niiiice! Congrats dude!

Gorgeous!

My new KoAloha Sceptre tenor just arrived yesterday from the great folks at Hawaii Music Supply. HMS had listed this KoAloha as a blem at a reduced price so I jumped at the opportunity. The blemish is almost invisible and the Koa on this uke is spectacular. I'm absolutely amazed at the tone and playability of this uke. While I was testing it out last night my wife commented that she thought I was playing my PRS custom 24 as it sounded that rich and full. I upgraded the case to a Ko'olau one made for the thin body of the Sceptre and the combination is spot on. I'd like to give a resounding mahalo to Andrew and the gang at HMS for the good advice, perfect setup and quick delivery of my uke. Here are some pics:

I have serious ukulele envy right now.... it isn't pretty. :)

Congratulations on your new Sceptre! It has wonderful koa! I tried out a Sceptre once at Ukulele Source in San Jose, and while I thought the sound was heavenly, I couldn't figure out how to hold it, when seated, in a way that it didn't pole me in my legs, and even then I almost bought it. Every Sceptre I've had the chance to hear has had wonderful song, and the koa is always really pretty. Happy strumming!

Congratulations on the new uke and love the grain pattern!

Top Bottom