Are you known as the "ukulele" guy?

kissing

Reaction score
I don't know how widespread the uke is in other parts of the world, but where I am (Australia), I can't help but feel like the only ukulele enthusiast around.

By enthusiast, I mean someone who actually plays the instrument and has a healthy UAS appetite (not just someone who buys a Mahalo and leaves it in the closet).

Today I was going to drive somewhere with dad.
I started my car, and the radio came on. Brother Iz's Somewhere over the rainbow just happened to be playing, and after a while, he asks if I have my mp3-player plugged into the car.

"Isn't this one of your recordings?"

Had the biggest facepalm moments of my life (although a bit flattered).

Bruddah Iz comes on, and people I'm with say, "That sounds just like your toy guitar!"

Heh, I love this. I had the coolest thing happen to me at the Strathmore MD uke and guitar summit where we learned from the pro's. This older lady and her husband walked up to me the day after I had played an original song at the open mic we had before our nightly private concerts. I played my song )"Next Time" I'm commin' back Hawaiian). She was asking for my autograph. I just laughed because I thought surely this was a joke! But no, she was serious. She said that they laughed all the way home the night before and now I was part of her memories. So she had me sign her ukulele. I was so taken and honored. It was amazing.

Yeah, I'm known as the 'ukulele guy. Hard to get annoyed about that though!

Ukulele guy. Ukulele teacher. Teacher with a ukulele. Guy who got all these kids playing these ukuleles. Can you believe he also runs the chess club?

I get a lot of labels...

;)

I was at at birthday party for a coworker's son yesterday. He unwraps an LU-21 and all heads swivel to me. I got him an Avengers shirt.

Heh, I love this. I had the coolest thing happen to me at the Strathmore MD uke and guitar summit where we learned from the pro's. This older lady and her husband walked up to me the day after I had played an original song at the open mic we had before our nightly private concerts. I played my song )"Next Time" I'm commin' back Hawaiian). She was asking for my autograph. I just laughed because I thought surely this was a joke! But no, she was serious. She said that they laughed all the way home the night before and now I was part of her memories. So she had me sign her ukulele. I was so taken and honored. It was amazing.

That's awesome. Thanks for sharing

I am known as many things........................... None of them can be published on here!

Actually, aside from a few friends and the people at my uke meet-up, no one knows I play Ukulele.

At the guitar- and banjo-centric music shop where I take lessons, the employees who either don't know/can't remember/can't pronounce my first name just call me Ukulele Girl. "How's it going, Ukulele Girl?" "See ya soon, Ukulele Girl!" - I kinda like it :)

Many people are known by "Fill in the Blank" guy or girl but do we embrace and share? It would be awesome if we could be proud of what we like and believe.

I know I'm not the most bold when it comes to my faith...

Yup, I'm teacher with the ukulele too.

At the guitar- and banjo-centric music shop where I take lessons, the employees who either don't know/can't remember/can't pronounce my first name just call me Ukulele Girl. "How's it going, Ukulele Girl?" "See ya soon, Ukulele Girl!" - I kinda like it :)

Maybe they just call you "Uke Girl" once they get to know you.

I'm sick of being known as the guy with the toy guitar!

They usually just say I am obsessed, but I don't mind.. it is true. :]

I'm not exactly the ukulele guy but at local folk clubs I get comments like "Geoff with the guitar that shrunk in the wash"

Top Bottom