How well can you distinguish Hawaiian Brand tenors?

AndrewKuker

Reaction score
Most can admit that these are all good tenors . There's often strong opinions beyond that though. So let's see if this sound sample matches what's in your head. We know you spend the midnight hours alone with one and love it most of all. (or dream of that scenerio) but that's not the point here.

This is 5 K brand Hawaiian tenor ukes. Kamaka, Kanile'a, Ko'olau, KoAloha, and Keli'i. The sound sample was done as straightforeward as possible. Positioning was watched. Not compressed by a camera or computer mic. All high G, strummed & picked.

Ways that it is not perfect- Let me count the ways. strings are factory standard, which varies. Each player/ individual brings out or excels in different ways bringing out different tones from different ukes. It's only one song. Everything gets compressed online. Different rooms will accentuate,there's a very slight overdrive at the loudest moments, which is totally ironic, my bad. No mic is as good your ear but we're just having fun. So the first to guess all 5 right gets $100 gift card and each person after gets $10. So if it's obvious to everyone then we are gonna be generous. small kine, just for fun. We'll let you know in a week. Don't even try to ask Corey! He'll just tell you the truth. "Oh....I don't remember":cool:

Rules- Answers are here and here only. I am telling youtubers to come here. One week and first gets $100 credit memo from our online store. Each additional gets the same but 90% not as cool. One per persona of course...or I gues we could just take your most wrong guess?

Last edited:
Eh Brah, get one link fo access the sound files? And need mo info like how and whea fo submit your answers, how long dis goin last, how many entries per person. You know, stuff li'dat.

Sorry guys... I was like oh crap, did I hit post! Without finishing that is...and without the video fully uploading. DOH

No guesses from me. they all sounded great.
Very cool of you Andrew to do this. Thanks!

Dolphin
Dolphin
Dolphin
Dolphin
Dolphin

I really should get my ears syringed.

Doh! I came up with the same as Stan. No chance for first if it's right :)

Kamaka
Keli'i
KoAloha
Ko'olau
Kanilea

Keli'i
Kanile'a
Ko'olau
Kamaka
KoAloha

They all sound VERY similar, but to my ear #1 is my least favorite, and #3 and #4 are tied for my favorites.

Kamaka
Keli'i
Ko'olau
KoAloha
Kanile'a

I have no idea. :O They all sound pretty fantastic though.

Kamaka
Ko'olau
Koaloha
Keli'i
Kanilea

Loz!

Kamaka
Ko'olau
Koaloha
Keli'i
Kanilea

I've heard #2 in my dreams before.

I've only played 3 of the 5, so...

1. KoAloha
2. Kamaka
3. Kanile'a
4. Keli'i
5. Ko'olau

To my ear #3 was best with 5 a close second. #4 was also good. If #1 isn't KoAloha, I'll be shocked.

Keli'i
Ko'olau
Kamaka
KoAloha
Kanile'a

Just as a side note- How many times could you listen to while my... without actually breaking down and crying? Or hallucinating that you ukulele is?

Top Bottom