PDA

View Full Version : My KoAloha ohana

Gmoney
08-26-2012, 10:04 AM
With the addition of the Sceptre to the brood, I thought I'd take a few photos of a "family gathering..."

The unifying painting in the middle is a mixed media representation of the Super Concert commissioned for me by my wife from a local artist. And... the hangers are from UU member ToucanMango.

Not pictured is my first KoAloha, a Soprano Pikake now owned by my daughter who introduced me to the uke. And, HaoleJohn is responsible for my undying thirst for more KoAloha's!

Mahalo!

kvehe
08-26-2012, 10:19 AM
How handsome!

Kathryn

dkcrown
08-26-2012, 10:29 AM
That's a fine looking family. Is that a portrait of Grandaddy? :)

wickedwahine11
08-26-2012, 11:04 AM
They look lovely, it is a nice family photo...and I have always loved Toucan Mango wallhangers.

Pippin
08-26-2012, 11:12 AM
I love the pineapple ukulele hangers. :)

GinnyT11
08-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Very, very nice! But you have a passle of other ukes too---let's see pics of those.

Gmoney
08-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Very, very nice! But you have a passle of other ukes too---let's see pics of those.

Coming... soon...

Trinimon
08-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Awesome collection! The hangers rock!

Steedy
08-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Nice! How do you like that long-neck Pineapple?

Doc_J
08-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Nice! How do you like that long-neck Pineapple?

That is the exact same question I have too.

mm stan
08-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Aloha Glenn,
Wow what and awesome KoAloha Ohana...will a KoAlana be your next purchase..... I love Koaloha''s too... had the oppertunity to play all new ones at my house...my friend is a Uke dealer..
enoyed them all....the Koaloha Tenor is nice too....Happy Strummings... thank you for sharing... now do you have a kamaka Ohana???

Gmoney
08-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Aloha Glenn,
Wow what and awesome KoAloha Ohana...will a KoAlana be your next purchase..... I love Koaloha''s too... had the oppertunity to play all new ones at my house...my friend is a Uke dealer..
enoyed them all....the Koaloha Tenor is nice too....Happy Strummings... thank you for sharing... now do you have a kamaka Ohana???

I am really looking at the KoAloha - Imaikalani - 6 string Tenor that HMS has posted... I'd also get the Five.0 pickup in it if I do. I've never played a 6-string & though there are plenty of "entry level" or in between, or even a custom option, I know I'll like the KoAloha.

My Kamaka "ohana" is just one vintage pineapple, though I could be persuaded to add a concert or newer pineapple.

(It's all Mike at Uke Republic's fault! I was safely in UAS remission after my Mya-Moe arrived & then I dropped in his new store in Atlanta & left w/a Kamoa Grand Concert! Added about 11(!) ukes since then!!)

chrimess
08-27-2012, 09:01 AM
If you buy one more, you might get an actual member of the KoAloha Ohana along with it for free.

Gmoney
08-27-2012, 09:28 AM
If you buy one more, you might get an actual member of the KoAloha Ohana along with it for free.

Couldn't afford to feed 'em! :)

coolkayaker1
09-27-2012, 05:20 AM
Gmoney--when I first saw your thread, I thought, "Man, that dude's got a ton of Koaloha mojo there." Well, over time, I've gathered a cadre, myself (see signature below). Nice ukes. A singular, unique sound, for sure. (that's why we love them, but also why we love other brands, too). Aloha.

P.S> I assume your saw MGMs thread on how the price of these K's just jumped. I'm getting dizzy.

fitncrafty
09-27-2012, 05:30 AM
Just beautiful...who did the painting? It it lovely...

coolkayaker1
09-27-2012, 06:04 AM
Just beautiful...who did the painting? It it lovely...

FnC, actually, I don;t know. It's just a girl with a ukulele and a straw skirt falling off. But, it is beautiful, yes.

Uke Republic
09-27-2012, 07:37 AM
I am really looking at the KoAloha - Imaikalani - 6 string Tenor that HMS has posted... I'd also get the Five.0 pickup in it if I do. I've never played a 6-string & though there are plenty of "entry level" or in between, or even a custom option, I know I'll like the KoAloha.

My Kamaka "ohana" is just one vintage pineapple, though I could be persuaded to add a concert or newer pineapple.

(It's all Mike at Uke Republic's fault! I was safely in UAS remission after my Mya-Moe arrived & then I dropped in his new store in Atlanta & left w/a Kamoa Grand Concert! Added about 11(!) ukes since then!!)
Heee Heee! A great variety there Glen! I first sold a uke to glen in a Starbucks parking lot from the mobile Uke Republic store :)

chrimess
09-27-2012, 07:55 AM
If I could produce a nice painting of the pineapple sunday, would you trade that?

coolkayaker1
09-27-2012, 03:19 PM
If I could produce a nice painting of the pineapple sunday, would you trade that?

Hmm. Prolly.