A very minor victory.......

bodhran

Reaction score
Having had a stroke I was finding finger control and positioning for strumming really difficult and so have using a leather plectrum.

Each day i have been trying about 10 minutes strumming using my index finger. Suddenly it has got easier and yesterday, for the first time I was able to play for about 1 hour without using a plectrum at all! I had not really noticed any drastic improvement and had resigned myself to using a plectrum but yesterday something changed. I now have back about 60% of the control of the fingers in my right hand that I had prior to the stroke and I attribute this to the 'exercise'' of playing the ukulele.

This is really great and a huge boost in life.

Congratulations! This is more than a minor victory. Thanks for sharing this important part of your recovery.

Mike

Wow, that's fanatastic to hear Jon! And I agree with Mike, this is more than a minor victory, and surely not the last. You've shown determination and can be proud about that.

Nice one mate, great news

This is HUGE! Congratulations!

Woo hoo - congratulations! And what a fantastic form of physiotherapy ;)

What wonderful news! Reading of your accomplishment is a great way to start my day.

Kathryn

Like others have said above - Major victory - great news :)

Yeah! Fantastic....great news. I work on my arthritic hands with a spiked silicone rubber ball filled with silicone beads I got at my local "drug/all purpose store."
Very gentle...very effective. Best of luck. A whole hour....wow. Rooting for you.

This is a major victory! Congratulations on such a great milestone.

Whoa..that is a Major victory man....I am happy to hear the good news man....keep it up, the uke is great theraphy for the mind and your motor skills...wooo hoo Happy Strummings...

That's terrific news. Congratulations!

There are several stroke survivors in my little circle of family and friends.

Yours is a humongous, ginormous victory. It made my day!

May this win blaze the way to future triumphs, too.

I know first hand what you’re going through, it takes a while to recover but things get better. Two things I learned: Every day really IS a gift and never miss a chance to walk in warm summer rain - it feels great. ;)

Top Bottom