New Uke (Yester)Day!

kvehe

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Announcing the arrival of Brian Griffin Tenor # 28, henceforth to be known as "The McLaren".

Red cedar/koa, extraordinarily handsome, lovely tone, great sustain, photos to follow once I (1) take them and (2) figure out how to post them.
photo-4.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Kathryn

Last edited:
Announcing the arrival of Brian Griffin Tenor # 28, henceforth to be known as "The McLaren".

Red cedar/koa, extraordinarily handsome, lovely tone, great sustain, photos to follow once I (1) take them and (2) figure out how to post them.

Kathryn

Congratulations!

I've been wanting to try one his ukes.

Could you share a sound sample and picture or 2....please?

Congrats. Kathryn! I am so pleased to see the McLaren go to someone who will truly love and play the fella. I love the radiused neck Brian did on the last trio of Tenors, truly amazing fretboards.. I posted a few photos of "The Patrick" a while ago and also am figuring out how to do a sound sample.

Doc, you're going to be pleasently surprized by the sound of his ukes. B. will gladly send you a sound sample.

Sometimes a uke comes around that reminds us how blessed we are to have an instrument with such attitude. Griffins are that way.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new uke. Looking forward to pics.

Hopefully you don't have anything else to do today!

I've added a few pictures, and apologize for my amateurish shots which do not do justice to this lovely instrument.

Kathryn

WOW, STUNNING.........Congrats and enjoy....................

gee Kathryn it's gorgeous. That's some collection you have going mate. Can't wait to hear it. :)

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh....
That wood is GORGEOUS!

photo-4.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Kathryn

another question Kat...what kind of strings are they? I wants ta get me a set of dem orange ones too :) so pretty

Oh WOW, that is a beautiful ukulele. I love that Cedar/Koa combo. Bet it sounds awesome! :shaka:

Wow. All about it is Wow. From the headstock to the tail it's all Wow!

Congrats, love to hear a sound bite

Aloha Kat,
Woo hoo Your Griffin has arrive...Wow wow wow weeeee....it looks awesome....how many ukes in this last month...holy moly...this one looks really sweet...
Congratulations....can I test it for you..ha ha what strings does it have on?? love that spalted headstock veneer..just lovely all around...Happy Strummings..

Thank you, all, for your kind words. I could not possibly (yet) produce a sound sample that would reproduce the lovely tone, as my skills are still close to non-existent (but I am learning!).

Eugene - the strings are Aurora (colorless Aquilas bought in bulk and dyed). They come in a variety of colors and are available as single- and multi-color packs from houseandmill.com (in the accessories section). They are available as soprano, concert, and tenor, and are $ 8.95 per pack. While The McLaren has a low G, I believe only a high G is available in the packs.

Stan - yes, I have been rather "active" in the last month, and I feel quite blessed to have such a lovely "uke spruik". I learn something new from at least one of them every day, and I thank the UU members who have made some of these available in the Marketplace.

Kathryn

Top Bottom