PDA

View Full Version : Got it figured out...

savagehenry
08-28-2012, 06:37 AM
I finally have narrowed it down, I'm going to buy another soprano, a mellower tenor, or a brighter baritone. Boy it sure feels better to narrow it down... What's on your short list ?

KimUke
08-28-2012, 06:39 AM
Super Soprano
Love the Soprano sound - want more room. :)

Lalz
08-28-2012, 06:56 AM
I've zeroed on getting a baritone and that's it, my collection will be complete. No more ukes! Famous last words... but I just can't think of any reason to get yet another one and I just don't fancy other ukes anymore (except for that beautiful Kiwaya KMC I've been eyeing, but there's no way I could ever afford it and I also already have a concert that is just miiiint, so there's no point in even thinking about it). The ukes I have are exactly what I want. I'd rather add another string instrument instead, in order to add some diversity to my music playing. So uke-wise: baritone, then basta!

It's good to narrow down indeed, it brings you peace of mind :-)

Uncle Rod Higuchi
08-28-2012, 07:19 AM
I see a bamboo ukulele in my future:)

And with MGM bringing out those KoAlanas, well, I don't have a KoAloha yet and since I
haven't won the Lottery, an all-mahogany KoAlana might also be in my Future.

keep uke'in' everyone,

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
08-28-2012, 07:32 AM
A classic Martin mahagony soprano. A Lyon & Healy Camp Uke. A plastic Ukette. Ah, dreams.

ChrisRCovington
08-28-2012, 07:42 AM
I'll second the KoAlana. I've been lucky to play a number of different new and vintage ukuleles (although no KoAloha yet) and I love mahogany soprano ukuleles. The KoAlana soprano is on my short list. I'll get some KoAloha experience in the wood of my choice (and probably a bit cheaper than a koa one). Life is good!

The other ukulele on my short list is a custom Bruko. I love Bruko ukuleles (I own two) and I'm sure a custom job will be great. I'm thinking of a walnut and cherry combo. I love walnut and cherry and wish more builders used them and more buyers accepted how great they can be. Great alternatives to exotic woods that are being over harvested.

Doc_J
08-28-2012, 08:38 AM
Based on my inability to figure out the 5 K ukes in Andrew's contest, I shouldn't buy another uke.

Still, some day I'd like a Devine concert and an Ohta-san Kamaka, and I still need a Covered Bridge pineapple. This doesn't count the Wixom concert and Donaldson super soprano ukes that I am currently waiting to be built. :)