Got it figured out...

savagehenry

Reaction score
I finally have narrowed it down, I'm going to buy another soprano, a mellower tenor, or a brighter baritone. Boy it sure feels better to narrow it down... What's on your short list ?

I've zeroed on getting a baritone and that's it, my collection will be complete. No more ukes! Famous last words... but I just can't think of any reason to get yet another one and I just don't fancy other ukes anymore (except for that beautiful Kiwaya KMC I've been eyeing, but there's no way I could ever afford it and I also already have a concert that is just miiiint, so there's no point in even thinking about it). The ukes I have are exactly what I want. I'd rather add another string instrument instead, in order to add some diversity to my music playing. So uke-wise: baritone, then basta!

It's good to narrow down indeed, it brings you peace of mind :)

I see a bamboo ukulele in my future:)

And with MGM bringing out those KoAlanas, well, I don't have a KoAloha yet and since I
haven't won the Lottery, an all-mahogany KoAlana might also be in my Future.

keep uke'in' everyone,

I'll second the KoAlana. I've been lucky to play a number of different new and vintage ukuleles (although no KoAloha yet) and I love mahogany soprano ukuleles. The KoAlana soprano is on my short list. I'll get some KoAloha experience in the wood of my choice (and probably a bit cheaper than a koa one). Life is good!

The other ukulele on my short list is a custom Bruko. I love Bruko ukuleles (I own two) and I'm sure a custom job will be great. I'm thinking of a walnut and cherry combo. I love walnut and cherry and wish more builders used them and more buyers accepted how great they can be. Great alternatives to exotic woods that are being over harvested.

Based on my inability to figure out the 5 K ukes in Andrew's contest, I shouldn't buy another uke.

Still, some day I'd like a Devine concert and an Ohta-san Kamaka, and I still need a Covered Bridge pineapple. This doesn't count the Wixom concert and Donaldson super soprano ukes that I am currently waiting to be built. :)

Top Bottom