New strings

nikolo727

Reaction score
I cant believe i would be asking about strings but here it is.

I just got the new D'addario strings from the UU store(chheeeea) but i cant make heads or tales of them.

it says i have an E-first string, a B-second string, a G-3rd string, and another E-first string(extra hard tension)

but on the actual packet it says that the strings are tuned GCEA but on the individual string packs it says EBGE?

so confused.

Hey Nikolo, look at the backside of package about 3/4 of the way down on the left side, it lists the diameters of the string. Match those up with the diameters located on the top right hand corner of each packaged string.

Pro Arte J71 Tenor Strings
  • A - .028
  • E - .032
  • C - .041
  • G - .029

It is because they are single Guitar strings packaged as a set for the Ukulele.

Follow Kanaka916 post and you will be strummin in no time, I really like those strings...

Ah thanks guys! Ive been kind of out of it for the past few days cuz ive had a touch o the flu. thanks for helpin me out!

aloha

nik

well as we speak my new strings are on and now im just tuning it every 10 minutes to make sure they stretch right. by tomorrow everything will be ready to go!

Hey, guys since this topic came up I too have a question. I have a long scale concert what is better, concert\soprano strings or tenor strings. I have Aquila tenors now but really do not like them, would concert\soprano strings make a big difference?

That's one thing I dislike about D'addario's,they sell them as uke strings,but they aren't.They are guitar strings with a similar diameter as what uke strings are supposed to be.If I remember right,the package even lists what they consider the right diameters,but it's not what you get.

Top Bottom