Solid body Flukes...

philxbx

Reaction score
Hi folks!

Does anyone own one, or maybe played one? I've seen one going for a good price, but sound samples on you tube are few.

question is... Is there any bonus in a solid body over a semi acoustic? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Fluke, as playing it first won't be an option, and I don't often get the funds for new ukes!

Cheers, Phil:)

Last edited:
a few bonuses:

1) very quiet practice uke (but of course you need an amp to hear it above that level)
2) solid body eliminates feedback issues
3) is more compact than a similar-sized acoustic - the SB body is "flatter" (less deep) because it's not hollow
4) more durable - for reasons in #3
5) a different look than a traditional uke (nothing against the trad look)
6) it is VERY loud (in case you ever need that) with great sustain
7) very easy battery replacement
8) the maker's (Magic Fluke / Flea Market Music) customer service is extremely good (though I haven't needed any for my SB)

I'm selling mine because I've moved from concert to tenor, and am buying a new uke. I expect to have an ad up within a day or two - with a sound sample, if I dare expose my limited abilities (no false modesty here, believe me) - but you can contact me if you are interested. (Sorry if "helpful response" evolved into "sales pitch.")

Cheers Davey! I look forward to hearing the samples.
I certainly like the look of it, and flukes/fleas always seem to get good reviews. what price were you hoping for?

Phil

I played the prototype at a uke fest a few years back and really liked it. The pickup has a much better clean sound than the Eleuke, and if you've played a regular Fluke or Flea then you'll be familiar with how it feels.

Cheers Davey! I look forward to hearing the samples.
I certainly like the look of it, and flukes/fleas always seem to get good reviews. what price were you hoping for?

Phil

I should have the ad up on Wednesday (probably "today" when you read this).

Top Bottom